PDA

View Full Version : voice quality

magno22
2014-01-22, 10:28 AM
Dears,
In 3G network, how to evaluate voice quality?

electron
2014-01-22, 10:53 AM
What is your vendor?
Dears,
In 3G network, how to evaluate voice quality?

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2014-01-22, 05:13 PM
lets say it is e*******, I am interested in knowing through STS (stats). Note our speech is using fixed 12.2 codec rate

electron
2014-01-22, 05:34 PM
For E/// there is no counter to measure SQI in 3G just field measurement by PESQ/POLQA technique .

Cheers
lets say it is e*******, I am interested in knowing through STS (stats). Note our speech is using fixed 12.2 codec rate

auto_art
2014-01-22, 06:47 PM
we use BLER to measure quality.

E/// formula=<pmFaultyTransportBlocksAcUl>/<pmTransportBlocksAcUl>*100)

electron
2014-01-22, 08:45 PM
Hi,

BLER rate shows faulty transport block ratio which basically related to transmission media and network. I afraid to say it does not show SPEECH QUALITY .If you have any practical case please share to be more clear to all.

Cheers
we use BLER to measure quality.

E/// formula=<pmFaultyTransportBlocksAcUl>/<pmTransportBlocksAcUl>*100)

auto_art
2014-01-22, 11:55 PM
in our case E/// recomend this to use for voice quality. I guess a good ratio of successfully decoded transport block would always indicate good health of network.

electron
2014-01-23, 12:05 AM
Thanks , Would you please share the reference in Alex for this recommendation .

Cheers
in our case E/// recomend this to use for voice quality. I guess a good ratio of successfully decoded transport block would always indicate good health of network.

magno22
2014-01-23, 03:03 PM
Dears,
Vendor is Huawei. our customers complain some times they are obstacle can not hear voice and robotic voice in short time then call is continuously normal. How can i detect this problem?

dtvt2
2014-01-24, 02:37 AM
You can check UL load and attempts cell update with cause for voice calls

Dears,
Vendor is Huawei. our customers complain some times they are obstacle can not hear voice and robotic voice in short time then call is continuously normal. How can i detect this problem?

auto_art
2014-01-24, 01:55 PM
Thanks , Would you please share the reference in Alex for this recommendation .

Cheers

Dear

pl. find the recomendation for calculation voice quality in Utran.

ninjafine
2014-01-25, 03:32 AM
Hi, all!
The formula is good, but there are two problems.
First is that BLER level is mainly connected with Power Control parameters.
Outer Loop Power Control is adjusting the SIR target value for e.g. uplink to keep BLER close to blerTarget value.
So you may change blerTarget and see new BLER level, but voice quality may stay the same.
Other thing is that this KPI is calculated on RNC level, so you can't dig to problematic area.
But there is a solution. You may use trace to evaluate bler on cell level.
I would also recommend to check Mean Holding Time that in case
of short call may indicate voice quality problem.

electron
2014-01-25, 04:01 AM
I agree with you regarding BLER ratio. It is first of all in RNC level and secondly does not show real user perception about SQI. The best way is field test.

Cheers
Hi, all!
The formula is good, but there are two problems.
First is that BLER level is mainly connected with Power Control parameters.
Outer Loop Power Control is adjusting the SIR target value for e.g. uplink to keep BLER close to blerTarget value.
So you may change blerTarget and see new BLER level, but voice quality may stay the same.
Other thing is that this KPI is calculated on RNC level, so you can't dig to problematic area.
But there is a solution. You may use trace to evaluate bler on cell level.
I would also recommend to check Mean Holding Time that in case
of short call may indicate voice quality problem.