PDA

View Full Version : let me know VoLTE Optimization!

coolyuni
2012-08-25, 05:08 PM
I want to know Parameter for Volte
help me plz

joeyisnothomerightnow
2012-08-27, 12:32 PM
I also am interested in knowing more about optimization of VoLTE. I started another thread about this very topic (see here: http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?31623-VoLTE-KPIs). I hope your thread gets more traction than mine seems to have.

ayomm86
2012-08-27, 03:29 PM
Introduction
One of the major challenges associated with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) for carriers is defining the Quality of Service (QoS)
features for the LTE network.
VoLTE is positioned as a high quality voice service enabling call quality equivalent to or better than a 2.5G/3G cellular call,
except the network is now all IP. The challenge for the carrier is to ensure each element of the network from the User Equipment
(UE), Radio Access Network (RAN), Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) core are optimized
correctly to deliver voice with an uncompromising level of quality. In addition it will most likely be the first time all components
are tested with a mission critical application. This is my little contribution guys

dekili
2012-08-27, 06:18 PM
I believe that the parameters will be depending on the exact network and strategy to get LTE in the network.
For the core side, in the case if IMS, exolanation is given in SRVCC and SCC AS description documents. I don't know if there is a document with vendor recommendation...

MyVi78
2012-08-27, 07:18 PM
I'd be interested if anyone has volte kpi's to share.

shepherd17
2012-08-28, 04:44 PM
I have been looking at RTP protocol. Take a look at this (http://wiki.wireshark.org/RTP) for a better description. I'm trying to see if this is used at all in VoLTE but not sure yet.

MINTO
2012-09-02, 08:01 PM
Hi Shepherd,

i have done Commercial VoLTE optimization

yes we use RTP message in VoLTE, calls are based on RTP ( Part of UDP)

we use AMR-WB for audio & H 264 for video in VoLTE

at present there are no specific parameters i have seen for VoLTE, as only QCI 1 & QCI 2 is enabled

however Vendors are coming with new schedulers .

Basically we look at some drive test KPI like RTP-rx packet loss rate, RTP-rx jitter delay, RTP Latency,HOIT-UP, RTP drop rate, Dedicated EPS bearer sucess rate, SIP error , SIP latency.

frank123
2012-09-02, 08:23 PM
What are the thresholds for packet loss rate, jitter delay, latency etc in VOIP over LTE? That is to still allow coherent voice detection. I remember reading about jitter below 120ms as tolerable (extreme value?), but I think it should less than that right?

shepherd17
2012-09-03, 12:41 PM
Are you in South Korea? That's the only place I know of, currently, that has deployed VoLTE. I've heard it's very difficult to even get a VoLTE handset there as they've limited the number initially released to a ridiculously low amount.

shepherd17
2012-09-03, 01:55 PM
By the way, when you say you looked at the RTP data in VoLTE, how do you capture this data? I imagine it is something like tcp_dump or Wireshark to get a PCAP file that you can analyze in Wireshark.

joeyisnothomerightnow
2012-09-03, 05:11 PM
Are there any good tools out there to do VoLTE testing currently?

MINTO
2012-09-04, 11:51 PM
By the way, when you say you looked at the RTP data in VoLTE, how do you capture this data? I imagine it is something like tcp_dump or Wireshark to get a PCAP file that you can analyze in Wireshark.yes you can use wireshark to capture PCAP for rtp...but now optis (xcap) ,TEMS support VoLTE with many KPI.

MINTO
2012-09-04, 11:53 PM
Are there any good tools out there to do VoLTE testing currently? you can use Optis or XCAL ,TEMS for VoLTE testing

joeyisnothomerightnow
2012-09-05, 10:13 AM
Are these tools available for download?

frank123
2012-09-08, 02:54 PM
no I skipped SK. I was looking at counters in NSN 3G. They have jitter counters for a feature Voice over HSPA - the most extreme value would be > 55ms jitter. I don't see any operators using this feature. The article I read was from a networking article, discussing the use of Iperf.

mmrcutio
2012-10-18, 01:02 AM
at present there are no specific parameters i have seen for VoLTE, as only QCI 1 & QCI 2 is enabled

QCI2? Are you sure? Why not QCI 5?