Thread: let me know VoLTE Optimization!

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default let me know VoLTE Optimization!

I want to know Parameter for Volte
    help me plz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 15

Default Re: let me know VoLTE Optimization!

I also am interested in knowing more about optimization of VoLTE. I started another thread about this very topic (see here: http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....623-VoLTE-KPIs). I hope your thread gets more traction than mine seems to have.

Member Reputation: 33

Introduction
    One of the major challenges associated with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) for carriers is defining the Quality of Service (QoS)
    features for the LTE network.
    VoLTE is positioned as a high quality voice service enabling call quality equivalent to or better than a 2.5G/3G cellular call,
    except the network is now all IP. The challenge for the carrier is to ensure each element of the network from the User Equipment
    (UE), Radio Access Network (RAN), Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) core are optimized
    correctly to deliver voice with an uncompromising level of quality. In addition it will most likely be the first time all components
    are tested with a mission critical application. This is my little contribution guys

Member Reputation: 361

I believe that the parameters will be depending on the exact network and strategy to get LTE in the network.
    For the core side, in the case if IMS, exolanation is given in SRVCC and SCC AS description documents. I don't know if there is a document with vendor recommendation...

Member Reputation: 163

I'd be interested if anyone has volte kpi's to share.

Junior Member Reputation: 12

I have been looking at RTP protocol. Take a look at this (http://wiki.wireshark.org/RTP) for a better description. I'm trying to see if this is used at all in VoLTE but not sure yet.

Member Reputation: 1068

Hi Shepherd,

i have done Commercial VoLTE optimization

yes we use RTP message in VoLTE, calls are based on RTP ( Part of UDP)

we use AMR-WB for audio & H 264 for video in VoLTE

at present there are no specific parameters i have seen for VoLTE, as only QCI 1 & QCI 2 is enabled

however Vendors are coming with new schedulers .

Basically we look at some drive test KPI like RTP-rx packet loss rate, RTP-rx jitter delay, RTP Latency,HOIT-UP, RTP drop rate, Dedicated EPS bearer sucess rate, SIP error , SIP latency.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

What are the thresholds for packet loss rate, jitter delay, latency etc in VOIP over LTE? That is to still allow coherent voice detection. I remember reading about jitter below 120ms as tolerable (extreme value?), but I think it should less than that right?

Are you in South Korea? That's the only place I know of, currently, that has deployed VoLTE. I've heard it's very difficult to even get a VoLTE handset there as they've limited the number initially released to a ridiculously low amount.

By the way, when you say you looked at the RTP data in VoLTE, how do you capture this data? I imagine it is something like tcp_dump or Wireshark to get a PCAP file that you can analyze in Wireshark.