PDA

View Full Version : Disable Power control for a cell in E///

electron
2010-10-28, 09:18 PM
Hi Friends,

Can any body explain what will happen if we disable Power control in some cells ?

Suppose cells are located in Rural or Dense area.

By which parameter we can Disable Power control?

Thakns

Piscean21
2010-10-29, 02:03 AM
Disabling power control will result in increase in interference in urban environment.But in rural areas you can disable this to increase coverage.

If u like this pls add reputation.

electron
2010-10-29, 03:40 AM
Disabling power control will result in increase in interference in urban environment.But in rural areas you can disable this to increase coverage.

If u like this pls add reputation.

by which parameter and command we can Disable it?

Piscean21
2010-10-30, 04:55 PM
On which vendor are you working???

ptt3i
2010-10-30, 05:07 PM
On which vendor are you working???

E*******, of course.:)

radenmohawk
2010-11-01, 01:48 AM
In e******* :
Cell level : DMPSTATE --> INACTIVE
DBPSTATE --> INACTIVE
AMRPCSTATE --> INACTIVE , for AMR connection

Mano
2010-11-02, 08:34 PM
The aim with BTS Power Control is to increase the number of MSs with sufficiently good C/I. BTS Power Control will improve C/I if traffic is maintained, or maintain C/I when traffic is increased or tighter frequency re-use is realised. The gain is obtained by a reduction of the over all interference level (I) in the network
When MS Power Control is used by all MSs in the network, the total amount of radiated power is reduced. This implies that the uplink co- and adjacent channel interference in the network is reduced. The C/I will be increased for connections with low signal strength or with bad quality using full MS output power, since they experience a reduced interference level. On the other hand, the C/I is decreased for connections with high signal strength and good quality since they are subject to a reduced MS output power. The C/I reduction will however not affect the speech quality since these connections have a margin to the lowest tolerable C/I.

DBPSTATE:Dynamic BTS power control state(ACTIVE/INACTIVE)

DMPSTATE:Dynamic MS power control state(ACTIVE/INACTIVE)