Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Huawei Call Drop Problem

Member Reputation: 71

Default Huawei Call Drop Problem

Hi Experts,
    I am facing terrible problem in the GSM network with the call drops in all the BSCs suddenly rising & falling every other day but there are no major alarms(fluctuating from 0.7 to 1.5).We suspect there is some problem either with the MSC or with the transmission but not able to track the same.Please let me know the process to follow to solve this issue.
    Regards
    Raj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

try to check tilt/degree of the cell

Member Reputation: 177

All the BSC cells

Try another sollutions

Quote Originally Posted by neoone View Post
    try to check tilt/degree of the cell

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Quote Originally Posted by parsarka View Post
    Hi Experts,
    I am facing terrible problem in the GSM network with the call drops in all the BSCs suddenly rising & falling every other day but there are no major alarms(fluctuating from 0.7 to 1.5).We suspect there is some problem either with the MSC or with the transmission but not able to track the same.Please let me know the process to follow to solve this issue.
    Regards
    Raj
    check Call drop reason in Call drop measurement . it gives you some idea if it Radio part or other part.
    BR
    RF

Member Reputation: 137

Try to identify the time slots in the interface A wich cause the drop. You can do this with a protocol analyser. then you must block theses time slots and the problem could be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by chokri View Post
    Try to identify the time slots in the interface A wich cause the drop. You can do this with a protocol analyser. then you must block theses time slots and the problem could be resolved.
    Dear Chokri,
    Thanks somuch for your suggestion.Kindly give me some guidelines of how to use protocol analyser & from there how to identify the faulty timeslots of A-interface.Can it be done from the BSC end or at the MSC end??

Regards
    Raj

Member Reputation: 100

Default Drops

did you face any BSC &/or MSC SW upgrade which may linked to that prompt increase of the Drop Call?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheuv View Post
    did you face any BSC &/or MSC SW upgrade which may linked to that prompt increase of the Drop Call?
    There were no upgrades done as i checked.I also like to mention here that the drop is not constantly high but keeps on fluctuating heavily throughout the network.So kindly suggest further.

please help me on this

Member Reputation: 253

Hi PARSARKA,

Have u tried to check TCH ALLOCATION STATS, to identify what TRXs causing High TCH FAILURE RATE and SDCCH FAILURE rate and etc..TA check if your site's signal is degrading correlate it with TCH alloc for TRXs causing it...Have u check your setting of Radio Link Timeout, SACCH Multiframe, T3105, there u can change the setting first if there will be improvement.
    U can start from there first and if u found nothing wrong or improvement of parameter setting I gave, BSC to MSC isolation..

Pls add rep if u find it useful...if not, it's ok, badly needed...

Regards//