Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: UMTS HO problem

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default UMTS HO problem

Hi,

how do I make HO from UMTS to GSM for voice using TEMS?

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 223

Dont understand your question? HO between both technologies is indepent of what software you use for Drive Test. Do you mean what parameters and stuff you need to set on a the GSM Cells and UMTS Node Bs??

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi

I am unable to make HO from UMTS to GSM while doing Drive Test. my MS is in WCDMA and i want to HO it to GSM after the coverage of 3G ends.

thanks

Member Reputation: 34

Do you have this kind of HO enabled in your network?

Member Reputation: 228

Quote Originally Posted by banisha View Post
    Do you have this kind of HO enabled in your network?
    The question is that-Ms is lached to a 3g cell and suppose this 3g cell has no 3g neighbour but it has 2G neighbours.Where parameter of strongest 2G neighbour will be shown in Tems and in which windows of Tems.
    Last edited by simmus0300; 2010-06-07 at 01:20 AM

Member Reputation: 15

Hi,

HO from umts to gsm happens, like when UE is in serving by 3g sites and it is going away from 3g site towards 2g site where there are no 3g sites are availble or serving. So in this case your UE Will be handing over from WCDMA i,e 3g to GSM i,e 2g.

So for this your UE should be locked to Automatic mode because whenever user is not served by WCDMA then it will handover to GSM for serving.

Hope you get something what you are looking for.

appreciate Reputation and thanks
    bye.

Go to Presentation\WCDMA and open window "GSM Neighbors". You should be able to see GSM Neighbors of your 3G cell there.
    Hope this solves your problem.
    BR

Member Reputation: 97

What do you think if we have to test IRAT HO in a city with good 3G coverage, in which there are very few IRAT HO happened? How we could analyse with a few number of HO?

So, I mean, how to make MANUAL IRAT HO to test by TEMS or other drive test tools?

Thanks in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by cdmahn View Post
    What do you think if we have to test IRAT HO in a city with good 3G coverage, in which there are very few IRAT HO happened? How we could analyse with a few number of HO?

So, I mean, how to make MANUAL IRAT HO to test by TEMS or other drive test tools?

Thanks in advance,
    I don't think this is possible from inside TEMS Investigation.
    BR

Senior Member Reputation: 470

Quote Originally Posted by cdmahn View Post

Thanks in advance,
    Go inside of houses, where you will lost 3g coverage, and then you should go to compress mode.
    And question, how many trigers do you have for starting compres mode (RSCP, EcNO, UE TxPwr, NodeB, TxPwr) activated in your network?