Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: NSN RNC Dimensioning

Member Reputation: 555

Default NSN RNC Dimensioning

Hi all,

Do you have NSN (RAS/RU) RNC Dimensioning Rule ?
    Kindly let me know . If you need anything i ll be ready for exchange.
    I found some RNC Dimensioning docs in this forum, but not quite detail.

br
    Last edited by gprastomo; 2010-04-19 at 03:13 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

i'm not sure which docs you having. I enclosed some more from NSN, maybe useful for you a little bit
    Last edited by kamy; 2011-04-05 at 01:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kamy View Post
    i'm not sure which docs you having. I enclosed some more from NSN, maybe useful for you a little bit
    THanks Kamy,

THe result of RNC Dimensioning should be like this, with given number of Node Bs (include CS, R99, HSDPA service) and Traffic Model, the RNC dimensioning should give the result of Number of RNCs needed, the Number Of STM1 required for IuB, Iu CS and Iu PS include the Traffic Descriptor (the bandwidth in CPS), how many VCs needed.

br

VIP Member Reputation: 711

Hi Kamy

Please Attachments one file

1.- 1 file for 5 credit
    2.- 5 File fpr 25 credit uffffffffffffff

thanks and reputation added jejejej

saludos

marceloenrique

i combined to 1 file:

Quote Originally Posted by gprastomo View Post
    THanks Kamy,

THe result of RNC Dimensioning should be like this, with given number of Node Bs (include CS, R99, HSDPA service) and Traffic Model, the RNC dimensioning should give the result of Number of RNCs needed, the Number Of STM1 required for IuB, Iu CS and Iu PS include the Traffic Descriptor (the bandwidth in CPS), how many VCs needed.

br
    I'm wondering whether what you mean are look like as (example for PS calculation)

4.1.1 Gb Interface
    The required bandwidth of the Gb interface is to maximize between the downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface and the uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface.
    Downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average downlink traffic for per PDP context x 2G downlink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
    Uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average uplink traffic for per PDP context x 2G uplink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
    2G downlink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 56) Average size of packets
    2G uplink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 39)/Average size of packets

The redundancy degree is generally 0, but it can be changed to 5% for RFI.

4.1.2 Iu Interface

Required capacity of Iu-PS = (Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users + Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users) x (1 + redundancy degree)
    Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G non-HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user
    Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user

BRs,
    Kamy

Member Reputation: 623

i combined to 1 file:
    this is document that i look for
    Great sharing..
    if any document related with this topic available..
    pls share...

paboya
    thanx for clicking THANX and REP

I'm wondering whether what you mean are look like as (example for PS calculation)

4.1.1 Gb Interface
    The required bandwidth of the Gb interface is to maximize between the downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface and the uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface.
    Downlink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average downlink traffic for per PDP context x 2G downlink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
    Uplink bandwidth of the Gb interface = Number of users x Percentage of 2G users x Average uplink traffic for per PDP context x 2G uplink usage factor x Average activated PDP context for per attached user x (1 + redundancy degree)
    2G downlink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 56) Average size of packets
    2G uplink usage factor = (Average size of packets + 39)/Average size of packets

The redundancy degree is generally 0, but it can be changed to 5% for RFI.

4.1.2 Iu Interface

Required capacity of Iu-PS = (Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users + Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users) x (1 + redundancy degree)
    Required capacity of 3G non-HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G non-HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user
    Required capacity of 3G HSDPA users = Number of users x Percentage of 3G users x Percentage of 3G HSDPA users x Average traffic for per PDP context x Average activated PDP context for per attached user

BRs,
    Kamy
    Something like this, but CS dimensioning should be included as well...

br

Member Reputation: 623

share please sir...
    we always wait Mr gprastomo's sharing
    usually usefull

Quote Originally Posted by gprastomo View Post
    Something like this, but CS dimensioning should be included as well...

br
    thanx for clicking THANX and REP

as you requested, i enclosed the PS calculation formulas.
    If it is useful, reps and thanks are welcome.
    pw is default.