Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: NSN HSDPA throughput enhancement

Member Reputation: 65

Default NSN HSDPA throughput enhancement

Dear Colleagues,

We are facing a big problem in our network, the maximum throughput that we can have with HSDPA is 3.6 Mbps. So, how we can enhance this throughput to reach up to 15 or 21 Mbps. note that we have activated all lisence to reach 21 Mbps but without success.

Please advise

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 598

First of all, Which version of software are loaded in RNC/ Node B?

If you want to take 21Mbps you should load RU20. However RU20 is not on NSN now.

Many thanks,

Actually we are in RU 10. the maximum throughput we can get from the network is 6Mbps even if all license are activated to have more, and this in all the network????

Please advise

Member Reputation: 18

Hi friend,
    May be you need encrease the Iub Bandwith of NodeB used for HSDPA service when you comiss NodeB.

Maybe you try to check and give me the result!!

Junior Member Reputation: 8

Sometimes the HLR is not able to support high throughputs per user in most operators as they are outdated, this is the case I have with the operator I'm dealing with, check also this issue

Hi friends,
    Thanks for your support. I wanna just to let you know that in our network we there are NSN and E******* in UTRAN side. From E******* point of view the maximum throughput is about 13Mbps but for NSN we can't go more than 3 or 4 Mbps !!!!!

Could you please advise and help me to find what's the problem for NSN

BR

Junior Member Reputation: 8

What about the VCC bundle, I know that Dynamic flow control from RU10 is activated automatically, also do you have the same number of E1s on all sites or different as this is the main limiting point for throughput, also the type of scheduler used (minimum baseband, shared sheduler,....) check all these stuff

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Please check the traffic descriptor use for Iub

Member Reputation: 54

Default Solution

Hi Dear,

Before providing solution to you please provide me this information:

1.Does Nokia RBS / Newwork support 21 Mbps? I know E******* does….

2.Now seeing your post I can make out your Network is Rel 5 capable and it can support CAT 6 DL (3.6 Mbps device.). This means at max 5 codes (out of 15, one reserved for signaling purpose.) can be allocated to any device. This means you need to get license / upgraded software’s for Node B etc for Nokia for enhancing your network to 21 Mbps. This means max 15 codes can be allocated to one device to reach 21 Mbps (Threotical), your network must support 64 QAM and offcourse device used for testing should belong from CAT 14 to CAT 20.

3.Your network should support Rel 7(HSPA+) and if you want to use MIMO (2x2 for Rel.7) then both network and device should support this feature.
    4.Devices supporting 21 Mbps are from Sierra USB 308, AC 503.and DT tool could be TEMS 9 or greater.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

If you like my solution please add repo ….

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: NSN HSDPA throughput enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by taki View Post
    Dear Colleagues,

We are facing a big problem in our network, the maximum throughput that we can have with HSDPA is 3.6 Mbps. So, how we can enhance this throughput to reach up to 15 or 21 Mbps. note that we have activated all lisence to reach 21 Mbps but without success.

Please advise
    Hi
    Licenses will not yield throughput upto 15 or 21 Mbps, you have to increase capacity of your IuB also.
    At present your sites might be running on ATM with 4 E1s and you need to upgrade your IuB to "DUAL IUB" with ethernet(atleast 11 E1s are required).
    It is not a small task, you have to take help of your BSS/project/transmission team.