Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Help for HSDPA service drops.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Handyman

This Congestion, they can be two cases:
    - A shortage of channel element;
    - Low Forward Power.
    Requires Optimization Power Reductions Parameters and build the network.

I hope you can help my information.

Member Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by gprastomo View Post
    Hi,

FIrst of all, the PDP context deactivation could be caused by several reason :
    1. if there is no activity for some period, the RRC state will move to FACH then CELL PCH then idle mode (disconnect), this one is methode to make the Radio Resource more efficient, usually it takes ~1 hour depend on your parameter setting, check this behaviour
    2. according to your information, the RAB estab fail is so high, this one of indication,let say users try to make a call then fail so they will try to make a call again more than 1 in the same time so the Radio Load both UL&DL will overloaded (imagine 100 users try to make call in the same time) and the RACH power is higher than dedicated channel so the possibility of having overload on the radio side is so high, during this time the existing user which already connect to the network will be affected then by Radio REsource procedure the existing call will be downgraded even will be dropped (include HSDPA), then the new Call will be rejected. So try to investigate why the Rab Estab fail is so high, is it due to UL/DL Admission control, IuB Blocking, CE blocking, IuPS/CS blocking see on the stats then try to solve it.

3. You have to breakdown on the counter which on of the most drop on that particular cell, is it due to radio, capacity etc ?

try above first the we can see on the next step

regard
    thanks for your kindly reply my friend,

i will check counters that you suggested, then we can continue the brain storm

Quote Originally Posted by cococrunch View Post
    Hi Kadir,

CE usage is shared in HSPA depending on Baseband dimensioning. In NSN, CE requirement are as follows.

1. 16 users per BTS --> 32 CE required
    2. 16 users per cell --> 96 CE required
    3. 48 users per BTS --> 80 CE required
    4. 48 users per cell --> 240 CE required

This is only for HSPA downlink, associated HSDPA UL and HSUPA are not included. HSUPA is not enabled in our network yet because of heavy CE usage(more often than not UL CE util is greater than DL CE Util). I think its better to have RU10(FSME) first before enabling HSUPA.

If not RU10, you can try to activate the feature HSDPA 16 kbps UL Return Channel. This enables you to have 1 CE(16 kbps) usage on the associated HSDPA UL rather than 4 CE(64 kbps), that is 75% off on the associated HSDPA UL CE usage.

Thanks
    First of all, thank you for your valuable info.

our network is huawei, and when i check the counter we have UL CE congestion, %99 percent of the RAB fail due to UL CE congestion. In our network HSDPA feature active but our modem does not support the HSUPA feature yet, so, why we have UL CE congesiton?

Thanks,

Member Reputation: 555

Quote Originally Posted by kadir View Post

our network is huawei, and when i check the counter we have UL CE congestion, %99 percent of the RAB fail due to UL CE congestion. In our network HSDPA feature active but our modem does not support the HSUPA feature yet, so, why we have UL CE congesiton?

Thanks,
    This problem i have ever heard on Huawei Network, UL CE suddenly have high utilization.
    What im affraid is there is problem with SW or HW.
    But even you dont have HSUPA yet then try to see how many HSDPA user on that cell, and because if there is huge number of HSDPA user usually there will be problem on UL CE usage if your RAB combination is 64k UL and HSDPA on DL. THen you can try to activate 16 kbps UL HSPDA return channel as previous comment. ANd try to reduce the SHO Overhead. But If there is problem on SW or HW, then try to restart it first

br

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 13

Thanks,

Hi!
    If your network not use HSUPA try to check that HSUPA turned off (In fact that turned on HSUPA use 60 UL CE permanent)

DSP CELL: DSPT=BYCELL, CELLID=CELL;

In this case must be some thing like that

HSUPA State Information
    -----------------------
    HSUPA Operate State = HSUPA Disabled
    HSUPA Disabled Cause = HSUPA Not Actived

LST BRDHSUPA: SRN=0, SN=0;

Once more thing its try to rearrange license on NodeB in your network. One BBU3806 without extension can use up to 192 UL CE.

Quote Originally Posted by gprastomo View Post
    This problem i have ever heard on Huawei Network, UL CE suddenly have high utilization.
    What im affraid is there is problem with SW or HW.
    But even you dont have HSUPA yet then try to see how many HSDPA user on that cell, and because if there is huge number of HSDPA user usually there will be problem on UL CE usage if your RAB combination is 64k UL and HSDPA on DL. THen you can try to activate 16 kbps UL HSPDA return channel as previous comment. ANd try to reduce the SHO Overhead. But If there is problem on SW or HW, then try to restart it first

br
    Hi friend;

How can i make HSDPA UL RAB combination to 16kbps, i mean which parameter is related with it .?

thanks for your kindly reply.

Member Reputation: 555

Hi friend;

How can i make HSDPA UL RAB combination to 16kbps, i mean which parameter is related with it .?

THis one is feature, and at that time just suggest to the team and the NSN team discuss internally to activate the feature. In NSN it should be HSDPA16KBPSReturnChannel

br

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 13

Hi friend;

Hi, one question - you have this situation on whole network?

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Frequent Disconnections is not only because of congestion, also check for Iub, Check for Connection Manager / CoCo if it is made correctly, check for CQI (Channel Quality indicator), Also check for PRx Noise if it is within specs... there could be many reasons

In HSDPA, only Hard handover takes places, also check for handover settings......... !
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Ctap View Post
    Hi, one question - you have this situation on whole network?
    hi;

the problem is not in whole network, mostly on high loaded node-b in busy hour.