Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Uplink CE congestion problem

Member Reputation: 119

Default Uplink CE congestion problem

Hi all;

I have a problem about UMTS network, there are CE congestion in most of the cells does anyone know anything about this issue, why this is happening what could be the reasons except high user traffic.

Thank you..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

instruments are HUAWEI.

nobody has any idea of this?

Member Reputation: 63

if you are using hsdpa,, uplink will be in the rel99 ,, ie ps384 etc... one option is to upgrade your 3g to hspa,,,,

Member Reputation: 20

Have u checked the number of CE licenses??? Make sure that BBU has downloaded the CE licenses as predefined configuration.

Member Reputation: 344

Hi my friend,

You can do the export of the UL CE usage for your site from the OMC and do the comparison with the initial planned capacity (number of licences), try to do the tracking of ure CE consumption for a week or months to check exactly when the CE congestion is started, and try to understand it's coming from traffic CE blocking or from CE usage because of excessive Soft Handoff overhead to know exacatly what's the good way to follow in order to resolve this problem. So if it's CE traffic consuming you can ask to upgrade ure CE capacity otherwise try to optimise your soft handover rate in order to save more CEs ( by physical optimisation of HO parameter or admission control tuning...).

in case of that u have congestion in 1 cell and not in the 2 remaining cells, A
    another usefull solution is the CE pooling by "stealing" CE which are not in use in your first cell and assign it for ure congestionned cell without upgrading your BTS.

I hope it could helpfull.

Best Regards

Nabil

8. Thanks mohyedeen_alkousy thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by nabil el haddani View Post
    Hi my friend,

You can do the export of the UL CE usage for your site from the OMC and do the comparison with the initial planned capacity (number of licences), try to do the tracking of ure CE consumption for a week or months to check exactly when the CE congestion is started, and try to understand it's coming from traffic CE blocking or from CE usage because of excessive Soft Handoff overhead to know exacatly what's the good way to follow in order to resolve this problem. So if it's CE traffic consuming you can ask to upgrade ure CE capacity otherwise try to optimise your soft handover rate in order to save more CEs ( by physical optimisation of HO parameter or admission control tuning...).

in case of that u have congestion in 1 cell and not in the 2 remaining cells, A
    another usefull solution is the CE pooling by "stealing" CE which are not in use in your first cell and assign it for ure congestionned cell without upgrading your BTS.

I hope it could helpfull.

Best Regards

Nabil
    Thak you for your help my friend;

2 days ago, i talked with one expert, he said that, "this problem maybe from huawei side, maybe huawei made enable all the future of the NodeB in the whole network due to this there are no enough CE left, after few user connect the HSPA, when i check the traffic data, there are no so much erlang but huge CE congestion, for example, RAB est. for PS is about %85 it is very low and %99 percent of failure is due to CE congestion (when i check the failure reason). But the erlang traffic is not soo high it is normal

thak you everybody again.

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Default some checks

Hi Kadir,
    you said PS Success rate is around 85%. can you check following things:
    1. How many CE you have defined in the cells if not maximum and you still have unused in you license pool, so make an expansion of UL CE.
    2. try to find the root cause four this "abnormal" behaviour. A important thing in huawei equipment is that due to the soft handover in HSUPA each user consumes 22 per RL in each cell being @ 1.5Mbps in UL. i.e a user with SHO 3 RLs in AS consumes 66 CE from the 3 cells - thats a great consumptin.
    3. check if you have huge amount of Video users - this is CS traffic and consumes 3 CE in UL, also tale a look over the Equivalent Number of User (trf factor in statistics)
    I donot pretend to point all the reasons but those are just a few ideas, based on what I' ve seen in my practice.
    Hope to be useful.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Uplink CE congestion problem

Have you an idea about Soft HO setting that allowing less CE consumption?

Member Reputation: 62

Default Re: Uplink CE congestion problem

If you cannot upgrade to more CEs in the pool than may be try the load reshuffling just before admission rejects start - LDR BE rate reduction.
    Regarding the SHO - you can set a lower rate for hsupa calls added in soft/softer handover - FRC parameters set. Note however that CEs are consumed per link to NB. for the softer handover you use only once the CEs.