Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MTP6650 Awful output power

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default MTP6650 Awful output power

Hello guys,

I recently tested my MTP6650 on a TETRA test bench, and the results are a bit disapointing for me, especially about the output power of the radio.

IMG_4023 (1).jpg

As you can see in the picture above, it shows 27.50 dBm, which equals roughly to 570 Miliwatts. By the way, the radio has the Power Class 3 feature activated, so it should have been something like 2.5 W instead. So I would like to get your opinion on this. Why does M0t0r0la TETRA radios never seems to have the advertised power output ? Do you guys have a similar problem with your Motos radio ? And finally is there a way to rectify this ?

Regards,
    Last edited by SC2024; 2024-04-02 at 12:24 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 3584

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: MTP6650 Awful output power

with most radios tuning data is destroyed with reprogramming the radio.
    Result is things you describe. Also, bad antenna connectors are out there a lot.
    Seen most radios will meet the criteria if proper tuned; sadly, there are a lot of radios having default tuning.
    Just compare a few radios for the sensitive data fields. it will give you a clue.

And a ******** can't portable can never give 3W, only 1.8 watt.
    (Sepura radios produce power but are suspicious on wideband noise. Then you still run into problems in real life.)

Thank you for your answer. I work a lot with Sepura's and yes they don't have any issues related to the power output. I prefer them over Motos to be honest.
    Regarding the tuning, I will try to see and do something about it but I'm not used to do it, so help would be greatly appreciated .

And a ******** can't portable can never give 3W, only 1.8 watt. I didn't knew that. I don't understand how can they advertised something and not respect it.

Moderator Reputation: 3584

the difference is they advertise with PL3L (And the L means 1.8W )
    PL3 is 3W
    Also more then 3w is not healthy for you.
    SAR values are then causing problems (just to keep in mind if you put those Sepuras on even higher power which is possible with the STP; bad for your health at long term)

Junior Member Reputation: 14

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Good morning everyone, specifically in the 6650 model there are two types, the class 3L with antenna connector like the mtp850 and another 6650 model with class 3 power and with an SMA antenna connector. The latter gives approximately 2.8W in high power. On the other hand, there is the MXP600, which is power class 3. There is another ******** tetra device classified as class 3 but it is smaller in size. In short, make sure that your MTP6650 model has an SMA antenna connector. In that case, it would be class 3. , greetings

Quote Originally Posted by ig2211 View Post
    Good morning everyone, specifically in the 6650 model there are two types, the class 3L with antenna connector like the mtp850 and another 6650 model with class 3 power and with an SMA antenna connector. The latter gives approximately 2.8W in high power. On the other hand, there is the MXP600, which is power class 3. There is another ******** tetra device classified as class 3 but it is smaller in size. In short, make sure that your MTP6650 model has an SMA antenna connector. In that case, it would be class 3. , greetings

Yes, I have the MTP6650 with the SMA connector. Last time I checked in the M0t0r0la website, the 6650 have the Class 3 option available. On mine it is activated and configured to emit at Class 3. The radio looks brand new too, so I think DCA is right, it should be a tuning problem.