Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Beamforming antenna import in Atoll

Member Reputation: 83

Default Re: Beamforming antenna import in Atoll

What version of Atoll are you using in this project?

VIP Member Reputation: 1934

I understood you. Very busy today. I'll answer by evening
    You can look at online Help - Calculating 3D Beamforming Patterns
    BR Slava

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

In order to set up a project, you need to complete the following procedures:
    1. Import the AAU5339W_3500 pattern and fill in the fields in the Antennas table correctly.
    2. In the “3D Beamforming Models” folder, select New, set the model name and configure the parameters in accordance with the AAU5339W system.
    3. In the “Beams” folder, select New, select the model name and configure the parameters.
    4. In the “Beams” folder, click on the model name and Generates Beams, in which you need to select the antenna pattern AAU5339W_3500.
    5. Click the Generates and ADD Beams button. The calculation will be completed.
    6. In the project, open the transmitters table, select the number of transmitters and receivers equal to 32.
    7. Select in the Beamforming Model column the name of your model for AAU5339W_3500.

If you did everything correctly, it will work out.
    It is important to have the AAU5339w Description to understand the correct configuration.
    All. Maybe my colleagues can add to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by subway View Post
    Can you elaborate on how and where to do that? This is TD-LTE not NR by the way, but from a broadcast beam coverage point of view, that should not matter. I am using Atoll 3.4.0 15641

In regards of the AAU patterns, Huawei is still measuring this for TD-LTE, they just quickly measured the most possible pattern for us so we can do some level of planning. Once we receive the full set, I can share it with you, although dont exepect anything fancy: these AAU pattern files look exactly the same as normal antenna patterns (broadcast beam).

MOD:

For reference: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/606033815

I think I see where the problem is. The project is set "TD-LTE rural", and it should be set to "5G Multi-RAT" then select 5G NR and LTE, then the relevant config options will show up on the network and parameters tab. As it is ont possible to convert one template to another, it might take a while before I convert the existing project. Will report back once it is done.
    BR Slava

4. Thanks Wenzel thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 108

Hi Slava,

I much appreciate your help, but I cannot create 3D beamforming antenna with the limited data I have about the AAU. I only have broadcast beam patterns, no traffic beam patterns.

But even for a broadcast beam pattern: if I change the default 4 transmit 4 receive transmitter to 8x8 or 32x32, I should see a significant increase in DL coverage. But that does not happen.

Data for the AAU5339w antenna system is here:
    1. AAU5339w Hardware Description(01)(PDF)-EN.rar
    2. AAU5339w Installation Guide(01)(PDF)-EN.rar
    3. AAU5339w Technical Specifications(V100R016C10_02)(PDF)-EN.rar

There is enough data.
    The specification states that Number of antenna elements is 192.
    I don't quite understand this parameter. those. 192 antenna ports? Maybe I'm wrong.

in reality, I need to understand which RRU this antenna system is used with.
    Is this antenna system actually used?
    BR Slava

Member Reputation: 238

no RRU , it integrated

yes. Understood.
    BR Slava

The AAU is 32T32R, which has 8 columns of 12 cross polarized elements, which adds up to 96 cross polarized, 192 total antenna elements. Each antenna column has two independent RF channels.

AAU_internal.jpg

But this information is still not helping on the fact that if you have a single broadcast channel MSI like the one I attached previously, how can it be that the coverage increases when I change the 2 transmit 2 received to 4 transmit 4 receive, but it does not change if I change it to 8T8R or 32T32R? Should be simple diversity gain.

you need to create the Beamforming antenna again with the specified parameters.
    I'll try. all the parameters are already there.
    I'll do it later today
    BR Slava

I am really curious how to do this. And I have no doubt that others are interested in it as well.