Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Beamforming antenna import in Atoll

Member Reputation: 44

Default Beamforming antenna import in Atoll

Hi guys,
    Does anyone have a step by step procedure to import beamforming antennas into Atoll?
    Not all beamforming antenna models match Atoll's requirements for 3D beamforming, beams and beam sets.
    BR

2. Thanks seuliu thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1934

Default Re: Beamforming antenna import in Atoll

Hi!
    There is a document : 3D Beamforming Models Import User Manual
    BR
    BR Slava

Senior Member Reputation: 321

Hi bro,

can you please share it?
    Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Hi!
    BR
    Best Regards

Member Reputation: 108

Hi!
    BR
    Would you care to share it please?

I am also trying to import a Huawei AAU but there are a lot of unclear things.

I have the broadcast beam file, but under conventional BF antenna the max element number is 16, and this is a 32T32R version.

Another question is the antenna port number. Does that needs to be 32 receive and 32 transmit, or this should be set according to CRS (2 or 4)?

Under cell the "max power" and "RS ERPE per port" are both per port values, or the "max power" should be the complete output of the AAU, or the complete output per carrier?
    Last edited by subway; 2024-03-07 at 07:04 PM

Just to keep this topic afloat: the "3D Beamforming Antennas" section of the Atoll manual does not contain any useful information about how to import a massive mimo antenna... The whole 1300 page Atoll user manual does not contain a single hit to "AAU" or "active antenna".

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

can you send me your Huawei AAU pattern?
    BR Slava

This is the one I want to use.

The problem is the underlying config: the cell is 32T32R, CRS2 (2x2 MIMO), and it is totally unclear in Atoll, where to set which parameter.

The "number of antenna ports" under Transmitter seems to be the CRS related part (set to "2" for both transmit and receive), but then where sould we configure the actual transmit/receive antenna element numbers?

As the MSI pattern is for a single antenna element, somewhere the 32T32R part needs to be set, otherwise the uplink and downlink diversity gains are not accounted for. And given the fact Atoll wants the single antenna element (or with other words: per port) power, this is rather important to set correctly.

Much appreciate your help.

AAU5339W_3500_X_CO_P45_03T_SCENE2.zip
    Last edited by subway; 2024-03-18 at 06:50 PM

10. Thanks slava121 thanked for this post

Interesting: changing the "Number of antenna ports" from 2x2 to 4x4 under Transmitter tab does increase the RSRP DL coverage prediction (as expected), but changing it from 4x4 to 8x8 or from 8x8 to 32x32 does not...

As I understand it, you created an atl project for band n78 for 32 antenna ports?

can you send me the complete pattern for the AAU5339W_3500_ antenna in msi format?
    Last edited by slava121; 2024-03-20 at 03:57 PM
    BR Slava

As I understand it, you created an atl project for band n78 for 32 antenna ports?
    Can you elaborate on how and where to do that? This is TD-LTE not NR by the way, but from a broadcast beam coverage point of view, that should not matter. I am using Atoll 3.4.0 15641

In regards of the AAU patterns, Huawei is still measuring this for TD-LTE, they just quickly measured the most possible pattern for us so we can do some level of planning. Once we receive the full set, I can share it with you, although dont exepect anything fancy: these AAU pattern files look exactly the same as normal antenna patterns (broadcast beam).

MOD:

For reference: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/606033815

I think I see where the problem is. The project is set "TD-LTE rural", and it should be set to "5G Multi-RAT" then select 5G NR and LTE, then the relevant config options will show up on the network and parameters tab. As it is ont possible to convert one template to another, it might take a while before I convert the existing project. Will report back once it is done.
    Last edited by subway; 2024-03-20 at 06:13 PM