Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: MotSol TETRA feature activation procedure (both terminals and infrastructure)

Question MotSol TETRA feature activation procedure (both terminals and infrastructure)

Hi guys!

I've never worked with official MotSol TETRA feature activation procedure. And need to know how it works.

Looks like terminal selling features (ID=6xx) can be obtained as a text EIDs from MotSol channels partner. Then, CPS+ 7.x will connect to the server and use it.

But how about TETRA infrastructure? DIMETRA EXPRESS, COMPACT, MICRO, MTS?

Questions about infrastructure:

1. How new selling features are distributed? E.g. if I need to add 1 more BS to the net.
    2. Is this way based on EIDs or involves USB dongles? Or some other way?
    3. What I should provide to MotSol partner and what they send back after the payment?
    4. What OS is used by DIMETRA infrastructure/built in industrial PC? This is not related to activation, just interested, because never come across.

P.S.
    I am not interested in any information that belongs to Depot software based way. Only information about official way is wanted.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 25

Default Re: MotSol TETRA feature activation procedure (both terminals and infrastructure)

Hi.
    1. You need to provide system-id to add new feature, activation done with EID on ******** portal for current systems. Dimetra Micro has license file.
    2. Its EID based, but f.e. some particular cases where is off-line procedure
    3. they send back EID
    4. Some kind of customized linux. No root or terminal access, just web-based interface (at least DIPE). Dimetra MICRO has Unix, with terminal access, but its out of support and sales

Default Re: MotSol TETRA feature activation procedure (both terminals and infrastructure)

Hi whistler!

Thanks for your response.

1. Did I get you right, that if I need one more site/BS, I need to purchase EID, and then, go to MotSol portal to activate it? What is the purpose of this activation on portal if I already got EID need from partner? Why I cannot use EID on reception?
    2. Is it correct that MICRO uses offline license files?
    3. Where I should enter EIDs on base stations? Web interface?
    4. Got it, thanks.

P.S.
    Is iTM involved in activation procedures? Offline files, EIDs?

Member Reputation: 25

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

1. once you got EID, you will go to MotoPortal, apply this EID to your system (it can be found with it ID), as reply you will receive license file which actually you put on DIPE server.
    2. yes, Micro used off-line licenses
    3. on base station side where is no licenses at all. So far, I've used same old MTS-4 hardware with DIPE, licenses needed just on server side. On DIPE you have just web-based console, where you should upload your licenses file. Also, where you can configure your base stations. Once you did so, system can upload to your laptop configuration files as archive. This configuration intended to upload to SC jf MTS via Service port connection. All process is automated at maximum. Just upload, reboot, and wait system to start.