Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: n80_RM-92_v5.0719.0.2_AR

Moderator Reputation: 520

Quote Originally Posted by drJaser View Post
    actually it is very strange...
    in my company I have official NTM N80.. and I was told not to update it via Software Update.. OK. understand ..I will not.

later... after reading a lot on many different forums I discovered that it is not possible to overwrite normal retail phone with NTM firmware..

so .. how come it is possible that I can overwrite my original NTM firmware in N80 with something else (from SW update) and in the same time it is NOT POSSIBLE to overwrite my normal retail N80 (which I bought in the shop) with NTM FW downloaded from the web??

any explanation ?
    Hi Bro...
    On my best undestanding, the NTM (Nokia Trace Mobile) is such an additional features added to a normal firmware which are pre-programmed ONLY at Anite Lab in Finland. No single NEMO Official Reseller can do self activation on this on their local facilities, but they get NTM Phones delivered "as it is" from Finland. This is explaining why we can not get any NTM update by on-line method....

Meanwhile, as the original NTM Phones are having similar commercial firmware versions, doing online update of this phone will lead you to a big problem: you will get your NTM being overwritten with non-NTM (but newer version of firmware) available on the net... Who want this? Kakakakakk... it's not me....

CMIIAW.....
    Regards
    parto_tegal
    Attached Images Attached Images

BannedUser Reputation: 67

Quote Originally Posted by parto_tegal View Post
    Hi Bro...
    On my best undestanding, the NTM (Nokia Trace Mobile) is such an additional features added to a normal firmware which are pre-programmed ONLY at Anite Lab in Finland. No single NEMO Official Reseller can do self activation on this on their local facilities, but they get NTM Phones delivered "as it is" from Finland. This is explaining why we can not get any NTM update by on-line method....

Meanwhile, as the original NTM Phones are having similar commercial firmware versions, doing online update of this phone will lead you to a big problem: you will get your NTM being overwritten with non-NTM (but newer version of firmware) available on the net... Who want this? Kakakakakk... it's not me....

CMIIAW.....
    Regards
    parto_tegal

Just few words to correct my dear friend

NTM ---> Nokia Test Mobile

Phones are programmed actually in Nokia Labs, SALO, Finland and delivered to Anite.

regards

Member Reputation: 205

I assumed it is like this..