Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2G SDCCH setting Huawei

Member Reputation: 16

Default 2G SDCCH setting Huawei

Dear Friends,

Please, anyone knows how to set number of SDCCH channels in Huawei 2G cell to 0?

Many thanks.
    haider79

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 498

Default Re: 2G SDCCH setting Huawei

Quote Originally Posted by haider79 View Post
    Dear Friends,

Please, anyone knows how to set number of SDCCH channels in Huawei 2G cell to 0?

Many thanks.
    haider79
    I think there is no-way,you can try set co-bcch and than set sdcch channel to tch

Member Reputation: 38

Dear Friends,

Many thanks.
    haider79

Why would you want to do this? SDCCH channel carries the cell signaling traffic.
    You might be able to set SDCCH/8 to 0 and operate the cell on only SDCCH/4 (the cell will be susceptible to SDCCH congestion) but i doubt you can set both SDCCH/8 and SDCCH/4 to 0.

Hi Shishio,

Thank you for your response, we have a cell in security area and we are forced to make the cell dummy and to not carry traffic, we have done e******* cells SDCCH =0, that's why .

thanks

Member Reputation: 38

Hi Shishio,

Thank you for your response, we have a cell in security area and we are forced to make the cell dummy and to not carry traffic, we have done e******* cells SDCCH =0, that's why .

thanks

Ok, I understand better now. If you are able to set all SDCCH to 0, also remember to deactivate immediate assignment feature so that the cell will not convert a TCH to SDCCH and afterwards still carry traffic.
    However, if you are unable to set all SDCCH to 0, then you can do the below to ensure the cell does not carry traffic.

1. change Rx Lev access Min to max value to reduce cell coverage.
    2. change RACH access min to max value to reduce cell coverage.
    3. change Rx Lev Min (for HO) to max value to make HO very difficult.
    4. change TRX power level parameter to max value to reduce TRX coverage maximally.
    5. delete all of the cell incoming and outgoing neighbor relations.
    6. disable TCH immediate assignment.

I cant think of a more aggressive way to kill a cell than the above combo, in fact applying just one or two of the above is enough to make the cell a dummy, apply all 6 is like bringing the full wrath of God on an ant.

thanks a lot bro.

I guess you didn't get the idea of dummy cell we want here dear, we don't want to reduce cell coverage rather than we want to cover the area with this dummy cell with best coverage and the subscriber there cannot make any successful call as cell definition is removed from switch already , if you have other ideas i will be really grateful.