Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: TA counter to distance

Member Reputation: 30

Default TA counter to distance

Hi experts
    I'm trying to map the TA counter from H...ei so I can know the distance of the bins.
    I did some research and I see is not that straight forward as its the case in LTE.
    The subcarrier spacing is one of the variables involved and also the frequency band, duplex technique used and if its working with DSS.
    In my particular case the band is n78(3.5GHZ TDD), subcarrier spacing is 30khz and theres no DSS.
    so my gues is or I assuming that:
    NTAoff = 25600
    NTA = TA *16 * 64/2^u ; u in my case is 1 since subcarrier spacing is 30khz. Therefore NTA = TA* 512
    Tc = 1/(dfmax *Nf) where dfmax = 30khz or 30e3 , in some pages Ive seen this set at 480Khz in the case of the biggest carrier spacing. Not sure about this. and Nf as the FFT sampling rate which I choose as 4096. I'm not confortable with why do I choose 4096 as the FFT but didnt find any info.
    So after choosing TA=1 and did the operation for distance calculation which is D= (NTA+NTAoff)*Tc* 3e8/2 but its somehow bigger than what I expected.
    Any comments ... thankyou

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 498

Default Re: TA counter to distance

Im not sure, but in LTE TA =55m per 1,in 2g TA=550m per 1
    Whymake so Hard calculations?

Member Reputation: 99

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Im not sure, but in LTE TA =55m per 1,in 2g TA=550m per 1
    Whymake so Hard calculations?
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the actual distance per timing advance unit in 5G depends on the SCS (subcarrier spacing). So, depending on the network scenario, some calculations might be required to do an accurate TA to distance conversion.

Member Reputation: 16

Cell radius usually uses Ncs to compute.

You can use Cell radius to search, and you will find the formula to compute.

6. Thanks punto thanked for this post