Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Indoor (Tunnel) Planning Radio Tool

Senior Member Reputation: 361

Default Indoor (Tunnel) Planning Radio Tool

Hello,

can anyone recommend or point to a thread where I can find an indoor radio planning tool suitable for tunnel planning? Existing indoor planning tools can't have an object/venue longer than a 150 meters, and tunnels are usually from 200 to 2000 meters long. Can someone advise how to make a tunnel model in ICS Telecom or maybe in Wireless Insite (having in mind a need to draw/create a long tunnel).
    Thanks

dekili

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 498

Default Re: Indoor (Tunnel) Planning Radio Tool

Quote Originally Posted by dekili View Post
    Hello,

can anyone recommend or point to a thread where I can find an indoor radio planning tool suitable for tunnel planning? Existing indoor planning tools can't have an object/venue longer than a 150 meters, and tunnels are usually from 200 to 2000 meters long. Can someone advise how to make a tunnel model in ICS Telecom or maybe in Wireless Insite (having in mind a need to draw/create a long tunnel).
    Thanks

dekili
    Did you try iBwave?

Hi macro,
    No, I haven't. No med for it and also there is an issue in modelling such large objects. Also, when you use it, I don't know how to make an underground object - to have great loss behind a wall. In aboveground, signal penetrates out of the venue while here in the tunnel, loss is huge...

dekili

Senior Member Reputation: 478

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Thanks Stantheman, dekili thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 94

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

There is a version of iBwave here with med.
    It's enough, I had done a tunnel more than 2Km a few years ago.

8. Thanks macro thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by joaoo View Post
    There is a version of iBwave here with med.
    It's enough, I had done a tunnel more than 2Km a few years ago.
    Agree, i see iBwave med in open section

VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

Can you plz post the link for the topic or post?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Agree, i see iBwave med in open section

Quote Originally Posted by DANORM View Post
    Can you plz post the link for the topic or post?
    https://www.finetopix.com/showthread...ghlight=IBwave

But I think, I see more newest

Hello,

thanks to all for their comments. I have some experience with WINPROP and it is more EMC tool than a regular planning. The link @macro provided is not working and I don't have working experience with iBwave. Regarding Remcom, their tool is rather good and I would say most likely most convenient to be used, nevertheless, serious issue is lack of a leaking feeder as the radiation source. It can model, for example, very long tunnels, but if you don't use antenna but leaky feeder, it is a problem. Same is WinProp. Only solution is to model it as a row of sources that radiate power eaqual to the expected power of that cable segment (you need to include losses until that point of the cable). not ideal but only possible. As tunnels that are 750 to 1500 meters covered using leaky feeders, this is an issue. As I said, i don't have experience with iBwave and I don't know if tere is a leaky feeder as a radiation source, but this is a trouble. ICS Comm also has indoor planning but again no leaky feeder. Also, it requires DXF and IC1 to model the space and it is rather complicated. Wireless Insite can support kmz, dxf but also jpg or tiff if you know the real life dimensions of the venue and pixels in the picture. As a matter of fact, you can't even draw a venue longer than 100 meters (at least I couldn't do it), so using an image (jpg, tiff) was the only way for me to create a model of a very large venue.
    Thanks once more to all...

Quote Originally Posted by dekili View Post
    Hello,

thanks to all for their comments. I have some experience with WINPROP and it is more EMC tool than a regular planning. The link @macro provided is not working and I don't have working experience with iBwave. Regarding Remcom, their tool is rather good and I would say most likely most convenient to be used, nevertheless, serious issue is lack of a leaking feeder as the radiation source. It can model, for example, very long tunnels, but if you don't use antenna but leaky feeder, it is a problem. Same is WinProp. Only solution is to model it as a row of sources that radiate power eaqual to the expected power of that cable segment (you need to include losses until that point of the cable). not ideal but only possible. As tunnels that are 750 to 1500 meters covered using leaky feeders, this is an issue. As I said, i don't have experience with iBwave and I don't know if tere is a leaky feeder as a radiation source, but this is a trouble. ICS Comm also has indoor planning but again no leaky feeder. Also, it requires DXF and IC1 to model the space and it is rather complicated. Wireless Insite can support kmz, dxf but also jpg or tiff if you know the real life dimensions of the venue and pixels in the picture. As a matter of fact, you can't even draw a venue longer than 100 meters (at least I couldn't do it), so using an image (jpg, tiff) was the only way for me to create a model of a very large venue.
    Thanks once more to all...
    Sory, check, old link realy dead, try to search alive link