Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Generating Coverage Prediction Reports with Population Statistics

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Generating Coverage Prediction Reports with Population Statistics

Hi guys,

Please help me to solve the next situation.

When i try to generate a coverage report with population statistics, in column Population(Population[total]), where in Atoll Help it says that you should have "The total number of inhabitants inside the zone." i have a smaller value, different than the one in the properties of the zone.

In my example, i have selected an Admin zone from the Geo tab to use it as Focus Zone. The zone properties are:

4,994.234 km² surface
    440,759 population

In the generated Report i have the same surface value but the total population number is 167,840.42. I have attached also a picture of the report. report.jpg

I can say that I am a begginer in ATOLL app and i don't understand why i have this difference and how i can solve it.

Thank you for you help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 499

Default Re: Generating Coverage Prediction Reports with Population Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by andrei.ghitiu View Post
    Hi guys,

When i try to generate a coverage report with population statistics, in column Population(Population[total]), where in Atoll Help it says that you should have "The total number of inhabitants inside the zone." i have a smaller value, different than the one in the properties of the zone.

In my example, i have selected an Admin zone from the Geo tab to use it as Focus Zone. The zone properties are:

4,994.234 km² surface
    440,759 population

In the generated Report i have the same surface value but the total population number is 167,840.42. I have attached also a picture of the report. report.jpg

I can say that I am a begginer in ATOLL app and i don't understand why i have this difference and how i can solve it.

Thank you for you help!
    What about computation zone is it have inside all popelation area, or maybe not

I have tried also filtering just by computation zone and the result was the same, i don't have all the population number inside my zone.

Senior Member Reputation: 499

I have tried also filtering just by computation zone and the result was the same, i don't have all the population number inside my zone.
    Can you share example document .atl

Member Reputation: 38

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Hi guys,

4,994.234 km² surface
    440,759 population

Thank you for you help!

Bro,

It means that your current cells/sites are able to provide coverage for 167,840 people out of a possible 440,759. The remainder (440,759 - 167,840) count of subscribers lie outside the effective coverage of your current cell/sites. Thus, you will require more planned sites to increase the count of subscribers covered.

Shishio.

7. Thanks macro thanked for this post

this is how i thought so too but later i saw in the ATOLL Help that in that column i should have the total number of the zone. Bellow it is an extras from HELP.
    In Geo explorer-Population folder i have imported the population vector.tab and i have selected at "Fields to be imported" Population as Value.

HELP:
    Select the following columns, where "Population" is the name of the folder in the Geo explorer containing the population map:
    ◼"Population" (Population): The number of inhabitants covered.
    ◼"Population" (% Population): The percentage of inhabitants covered.

"Population" (Population [total]: The total number of inhabitants inside the zone.

It has something to do with the information extracted bellow?

Integrable versus Non-integrable Data
    Integrable data can be summed over the coverage area defined by the item in a prediction report (for example, by transmitter or threshold). The data can be value data (revenue, number of customers, etc.) or density data (revenue/km², number of customer/km², etc.). For example, if the integrable data comes from a revenue map, a prediction report would indicate:
    ◼The percentage of coverage for each revenue class for the entire focus zone, and for each single coverage area (transmitter, threshold, etc.),
    ◼The revenue of the focus zone and of each single coverage area,

◼The percentage of the revenue map covered for the entire focus zone and for each single coverage area.
    Data is considered as non-integrable if the data given is per pixel or polygon and cannot be summed over areas, for example, socio-demographic classes, etc.
    In the example of a socio-demographic classes map, a prediction report would indicate:
    ◼The coverage of each socio-demographic class for the entire focus zone and for each single coverage area (transmitter, threshold, etc.)

Hi all, I succeded to solve the situation. The problem was generated because the population map has a 10m resolution and I was doing my predictions in 50m resolution.

Also I have found in the Administrator Manual that you can specify what resolution do you want Atoll to take into account if you want to use another resolution, this is made by introducing in the Atoll.ini file the syntax bellow. It doesn't work for me...

Do you have any tips for me?

[Population]
    ReportResolution = X

10. Thanks dmitry28 thanked for this post