Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DLmaxBitRateSF16 in Nokia 3G

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Default DLmaxBitRateSF16 in Nokia 3G

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience in tuning of the parameter DLmaxBitRateSF16 in Nokia 3G system ? Default value of this parameter is 600 kbps. Did anyone tried increasing it and saw any gains ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 108

Default Re: DLmaxBitRateSF16 in Nokia 3G

Quote Originally Posted by ank707 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience in tuning of the parameter DLmaxBitRateSF16 in Nokia 3G system ? Default value of this parameter is 600 kbps. Did anyone tried increasing it and saw any gains ?
    If this parameter is what it looks like (the maximum bitrate allowed in a single SF16 code on 3G), then I would recommend raising it, as in a single SF16 with 64QAM modulation much more than 600kbps is possible. I am not even sure why there is a setting like that, as the max bitrate should be based on channel quality and admission.

Can you copy the paramater description here so we can take a look?

Member Reputation: 50

Hi Guys,

Yes to adjust it to its max value (1080kbps)

Member Reputation: 108

Quote Originally Posted by fahmi View Post
    Yes to adjust it to its max value (1080kbps)
    I think the maximum should be higher than that, as if you calculate with 64QAM, the max bitrate per SF16 should be around 1350kbps. Of course it might be possible, that this value is already having the protocol and possible FEC overheads out of it, so this is some sort of "net" max value. This is why I said that the parameter description would help a lot :-)

Senior Member Reputation: 608

Hi Guys,

Hi can you say in which RAN version of nokia this parameter is present. I cant find this in WCDMA 18.
    Please add reputation by clicking * at left bottom of post & Hit Thanks and report Helpful by clicking Thumps Up if you like my post . Knowledge is Power & Sharing is Caring.