Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mobile payment behavior testing/measurement

Member Reputation: 19

Default Mobile payment behavior testing/measurement

Hi friends

Please suggest us the solution that help us test or measure mobile payment behavior of customers?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 108

Default Re: Mobile payment behavior testing/measurement

Can you specify it a bit more what you want to achieve?

Hi Subway

i am from Vietnam where mobile payment rapid growth. our customer use mobile for paying water/electric bill, film ticket...
    the measurement for the behaviors are not specified yet
    i want to know how extract customer experience. could you please suggest me how to measure/test?

Quote Originally Posted by subway View Post

could you share me your whatsapp ID, we can talk more detail

Quote Originally Posted by nhake View Post
    Hi Subway

i am from Vietnam where mobile payment rapid growth. our customer use mobile for paying water/electric bill, film ticket...
    the measurement for the behaviors are not specified yet
    i want to know how extract customer experience. could you please suggest me how to measure/test?
    This is something you cannot extract directly from traditional network KPIs. However if you have a designated APN in your network for POS terminals, you can monitor the TCP KPIs of that specific APN, and with deep packet inspection you can also have service level KPIs (for example how quick a transaction was, or what is the transaction success rate etc.). But this is a relatively large development project.

My other experience I can share is to pay attention to the POS terminal modems. Some of them behave really weirdly, and they usually have poor SW quality. Another large factor of selectively unsuccessful payments is the MTU, especially if your network is not able to deliver end to end 1500byte MTU. Some POS terminals do request the correct MTU from the network via Attach request, but some don't, so in general setting up MTU clamping on your POS APN is a good idea.

which mobile payment solution do your company use?
    beside APN configure and DPI for passive monitoring, is there any solution that active test to assess customer experience when they use mobile for payment?

This is something you cannot extract directly from traditional network KPIs. However if you have a designated APN in your network for POS terminals, you can monitor the TCP KPIs of that specific APN, and with deep packet inspection you can also have service level KPIs (for example how quick a transaction was, or what is the transaction success rate etc.). But this is a relatively large development project.

My other experience I can share is to pay attention to the POS terminal modems. Some of them behave really weirdly, and they usually have poor SW quality. Another large factor of selectively unsuccessful payments is the MTU, especially if your network is not able to deliver end to end 1500byte MTU. Some POS terminals do request the correct MTU from the network via Attach request, but some don't, so in general setting up MTU clamping on your POS APN is a good idea.

I can't tell the company name, but I think the solution itself does not matter, as the higher layers will be encrypted anyway. The only thing you can do is to monitor and DPI the transport layer. If the special APN can't work for you, maybe you can start mapping the IPs where the terminals attach and selectively monitor that traffic to get the TCP metrics and generate some KPIs from it. Other than that, you cant do much I am afraid...