Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to combine cross-polar antenna from pattern files (+45,-45) in Atoll?

Member Reputation: 108

Default How to combine cross-polar antenna from pattern files (+45,-45) in Atoll?

Hi,

I have a few antennas, where I have different pattern files for the +45 and the -45 antenna elements, and the two are slightly different. I was able to import the pattern files to Atoll, but how can I combine them to a single antenna? Or maybe this has to be done outside Atoll and create a single MSI?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 499

Default Re: How to combine cross-polar antenna from pattern files (+45,-45) in Atoll?

I crate index.txt file inside the folder with pattern and write in txt names of files with .Msi extentions. And then choose import in atoll thiss index file, then choose antena pattern checkbox, all goes ok

Default Re: How to combine cross-polar antenna from pattern files (+45,-45) in Atoll?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I crate index.txt file inside the folder with pattern and write in txt names of files with .Msi extentions. And then choose import in atoll thiss index file, then choose antena pattern checkbox, all goes ok
    The problem is not how to import the antenna pattern files into atoll. The problem is, that I have two separate MSI files for the -45 and the +45 polarization planes, and I want to plot it as a single antenna (both polarization planes included). This is how the two MSI files look: antenna.jpg

As you can see, there is some difference between them (especially on the vertical coverage), and in the Atoll transmitter selection, you can only choose one MSI file. So I assume I need to combine the two files first somehow?

This is a single band cross-polar sector, the only thing is that the vendor gives separate MSI files for the -45 and +45 planes.
    Last edited by subway; 2020-04-09 at 09:49 PM

VIP Member Reputation: 1934

Hi!
    This topic has already been discussed here: https://www.finetopix.com/showthread...files+to+Atoll
    If you have additional questions, let's discuss.

BR

Quote Originally Posted by subway View Post
    The problem is not how to import the antenna pattern files into atoll. The problem is, that I have two separate MSI files for the -45 and the +45 polarization planes, and I want to plot it as a single antenna (both polarization planes included). This is how the two MSI files look: antenna.jpg

As you can see, there is some difference between them (especially on the vertical coverage), and in the Atoll transmitter selection, you can only choose one MSI file. So I assume I need to combine the two files first somehow?

This is a single band cross-polar sector, the only thing is that the vendor gives separate MSI files for the -45 and +45 planes.
    BR Slava

Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Hi!
    This topic has already been discussed here: https://www.finetopix.com/showthread...files+to+Atoll
    If you have additional questions, let's discuss.

BR
    Thanks Slava! I searched for the topic but apparently I missed it.

Non the less, after I read that topic, it is a bit inconclusive.

As far as I can sum it up:

1. Atoll itself does not support the "combination" of +-45 files
    2. Nobody actually showed a working solution to do the above outside Atoll
    3. There was a debate that the diff is too small to bother with it at all
    4. I can superimpose the two files and create one for myself

The question is, if I somehow superimpose the two planes (as this was the only actual solution in that topic) to a single file, will I create other issues with it? Or does that the solution?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Only one MSI file is required to perform calculations, of which + - polarization is presented. The difference between these files is small. You can average the data of two MSI files, and use the resulting file to calculate.
    BR Slava

Thanks, will do that then.

Member Reputation: 205

Will be fun once he starts to implement 4x4 MiMo(2 Xpol Arrays...) would need to redo averaging again.

You know what you are getting yourself into? (It can quite easily a few hundert's of pattern to generate..)

It 's not really nuid to do that. Need to use one of the paternes.
    BR Slava