Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Carrier Aggregation Power

Member Reputation: 15

Post Carrier Aggregation Power

Dear Experts,
    I have LTE CA 3C contiguous 20Mhz Band3 and 5Mhz Band3 configuration.I want to keep users in the first carrier(20Mhz), and the second 5Mhz keeping for only busting throughput.
    Now question. how must I configure the power for both carriers? They must be equal or different?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 108

Default Re: Carrier Aggregation Power

Quote Originally Posted by Arsham View Post
    Dear Experts,
    I have LTE CA 3C contiguous 20Mhz Band3 and 5Mhz Band3 configuration.I want to keep users in the first carrier(20Mhz), and the second 5Mhz keeping for only busting throughput.
    Now question. how must I configure the power for both carriers? They must be equal or different?
    Question is what you want and how much power do you have on the RRU/license side. If you want to keep the 5MHz for offloading purposes mostly and you have a general power shortage (RRU and/or license), you can create imbalance between the two carriers, (more power on the 20MHz, less power on the 5MHz). I think the first thing to do is to check your power budget (RRU and license) to see what your config allows you to do, and move forward from there. I would also check the RRU capability in multi-carrier scenario, as in some cases the RRU max power is different per carrier compared to the total output.

Junior Member Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Arsham View Post
    Dear Experts,
    A simple approach without load balancing:
    Priority setting - set the 20MHz carrier a higher priority so UE would camp on it most of the time. Your power setting will depends on your link budge and coverage requirement, assuming you don't have a low band carrier.
    Power Spectral Density - understand LTE PSD depends on system bandwidth so a 5MHz B3 carrier is 6dB stronger than a 20MHz B3 carrier

Load balancing approach:
    Load Balance set resources on the 20MHz carrier at least 3 times more of the 5MHz carrier so UE are "fairly" distributed, then based on PSD set the power to make both carrier has the same RSRP. Priority setting can be equal or sticky depends on your approach.

Member Reputation: 15

Dear experts,
    Thanks for answers.
    We have 2 types of RRU 3959(2x60) and 3938(2x40) and full license.