Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 5G throughput using Huawei P30

Member Reputation: 25

Default 5G throughput using Huawei P30

Hello:
    In my network I have a NSA 5G site using a 8T8R RRU5258 for the 5G signal, a RRU5509t for the LTE, and a Huawei P30.
    The problem is that the maximum throughput is around 250Mb downlink, the rf conditions are quite bad because it is a lab site so the antenna ports are connected to two 4:1 combiners and the combiner out connected to a rf box with two antennas for 5G and one antenna for LTE.
    I wonder if anyone has any situation similar, I think that there is something limiting the throughput, anyone has any idea or recommendation, what to check??

best regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Default Re: 5G throughput using Huawei P30

what's your packet loss %, Ping delay?

Senior Member Reputation: 360

Redarding throughput you can check following steps,
    1. UE profile support max agg bit rate not limited from HSS
    2. No capping issue due to transmission limitation
    3. MIMO is functional
    3. Good Radio Condition, if its bad as you said then normal to get low thp.
    Best people are those who are useful to others

hello Justdream:
    Well that's the problem, I dont have any packet loss, delays, re transmission.. etc.
    all the counters are good.
    But what is very weird is the fact that there isnt almost any difference if I configured the RRU5258 in a 4T4R or 8T8R, the 4T4R throughput is around 200B and the 8T8R is around 250Mb.
    any suggestion, what to check??

Hello Yoyokdp:
    I have checked all your recomended steps, core and transmission engineers has confirmed that there isnt any limitaion. MIMO is functional.
    The radio conditions arent very good, but there isnt any re transmission, packet loss...etc, so it shouldn't affect the throughput, and doesnt matter if I configure 4T4R or 8T8R, is almost the same.

any suggestion??

Member Reputation: 172

HI,

first, seems normal to not have good radio conditions and have not that high throughput. If you want to test some peak throughput values you have to ensure good radio, so firstly try to repeat the lab test under radio conditions which should be as much as possible close to the Lab test scenario.
    Second, double check whether the configurations is OK. it might be the case you havent configured properly the Split settings between master and secondary NodeBs or something else related ( considering you already have checked transport&core) . The proper way is to perform Real time trace and check the signaling , how the connectivity is performing etc. during the test.

BR
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by javierinfante View Post
    Hello Yoyokdp:
    I have checked all your recomended steps, core and transmission engineers has confirmed that there isnt any limitaion. MIMO is functional.
    The radio conditions arent very good, but there isnt any re transmission, packet loss...etc, so it shouldn't affect the throughput, and doesnt matter if I configure 4T4R or 8T8R, is almost the same.

any suggestion??

Hi:
    I have been checking all the MR DC, MIMO, LTE, NR algo parameters, all is good; somemore all the 5G test cases pass perfectly, the only ones that fail are the throughput.
    My radio conditions cant be modified, I have a RRU 5258 8T8R for hte 5G and a RRU5909T for the LTE, 4 ports from the 5258 are connected to a 4:1 combiner and the another 4 to another 4:1 combiner and from there to my rf test box, and for the LTE I have a 2:1 combiner to my rf box, if the rf isnt good I should have to see some bad RTWP, re-transmissions, packet drop..etc, but all is good.

best regards

Hi:
    It is solved, after checking everything (configuration) and all was correct I check the rf, from the RRU I had two 4:1 combiners to my rf test box, ( I combined 8T8R in two separated antennas ), but it never worked so I change all and I tested a 4T4R MINO antenna and I connected it directly to the RRU antenna ports and this time it was Ok the throughput reach around 600MB, so if I use a 8T8R antenna is expected to reach around 1.2G.
    I was thinking that the MIMO functionality was inside the RRU and I could connect separated antennas, I need to study a little bit about MIMO stuffs.

10. Thanks justdream, techfolkcmr, slava121 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 372

Hi,

Mate 20 X 5G is only 4T4R for 5G-NR (same for other Huawei terminals available). Right now I believe the only 8T8R terminal is the Test Ue (TUE) and it has the same size of a BBU!

Also in a demo I'm using 1 RRU5258 with two 4-ports antennas and using 100MHz I can reach ~1.1Gbps with my Mate 20 X 5G.

Hello:
    How do you configure your antennas?
    in my case I have one antenna with 4 ports connected to the RRU port 1,2,3,4, 4T4R and 60 Mhz configuration. This way my throughput is around 600Mb,; if I connect another 4 port antenna in the RRU port 5,6,7,8 and I change the configuration to 8T8R, 70Mhz, it doesn't work, the throughput is around 20Mb