Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Password policy

Member Reputation: 148

Default Password policy

More and more people are adding stuff with password protected and trading for reputation.

I request users to add reputation liberally to the post as appreciation of their work.

Hope this will helpful.

regards

Madhu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 502

I support this suggestion because in this nice forum we should share our knowledge if you evaluate the post is useful give what you see (repu or thanks or both).

Member Reputation: 64

Some are even duplicating old posts and demanding for Reputation!
    Reputation should be voluntary

Member Reputation: 72

Default You are right

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    Some are even duplicating old posts and demanding for Reputation!
    Reputation should be voluntary
    Now some person are cheatting for the reputation.

Member Reputation: 780

Talking

Hi firend;

I agree with you for those suggestions

Member Reputation: 157

yes, i agree with your suggestion

Member Reputation: 323

Those that have posted something without a password know that 50 or more people will download the document and you may get 5 thanks and 1 reputation (if lucky). I do a combination of both, I usually post a lot of docs without a password and some other docs with a password. Now, giving me reputation is NOT a condition to get the password. I always provide the password with or without reputation added.

Also, sometimes the people that complaint about the password and reputation is people that have been in the forum for a long time and never share anything. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! everybody should contribute to the forum no only a few people.
    Last edited by Mazari; 2009-07-30 at 02:51 AM

Member Reputation: 65

I second the words of Oldie, older posts are being posted again and again.

Member Reputation: 296

Me too..
    + it is not good for the forum to keep posting unprotected files, this is serious guys, if you could notice most of unproteceted files get deleted from puplic upload servers due to copy right reasons, "because every body on the web can take a look"...
    Please protect your files with passwords, reputation is not necessary to get the password, but protection is necessary to protect our forum and valuble members...
    Quote Originally Posted by nomegu View Post
    Those that have posted something without a password know that 50 or more people will download the document and you may get 5 thanks and 1 reputation (if lucky). I do a combination of both, I usually post a lot of docs without a password and some other docs with a password. Now, giving me reputation is NOT a condition to get the password. I always provide the password with or without reputation added.

Also, sometimes the people that complaint about the password and reputation is people that have been in the forum for a long time and never share anything. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! everybody should contribute to the forum no only a few people.

Member Reputation: 111

Default PuB

Quote Originally Posted by eyas View Post
    Me too..
    + it is not good for the forum to keep posting unprotected files, this is serious guys, if you could notice most of unproteceted files get deleted from puplic upload servers due to copy right reasons, "because every body on the web can take a look"...
    Please protect your files with passwords, reputation is not necessary to get the password, but protection is necessary to protect our forum and valuble members...
    Truly!..
    For public resources (4shared, rapidshare etc.) it'd better to have some protection... But it's possible to post the password in our nice forum or send via private messages. Otherwise.... No need to protect content uploaded to finetopix...
    I like very much davidbrayan policy: a lot of protected files but... password almost never changed!