Thanks Thanks:  22
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: 5G Test UE

Member Reputation: 61

Default Re: 5G Test UE

Quote Originally Posted by Renz View Post
    Yes, I think you are correct, im currently in the process of "rooting" phone. Just doing all the reading up on the process and backup, in case something goes wrong.
    making sure i have the correct fw rom in backup, in case i need it, as im proceeding with caution,
    Thanks for all the help
    Good luck, i used fw and patched bootloader provided by Infovista as our Xiaomi's had the wrong fw.

The new Sony Xperia 1 II seems to be a very good device to use for testing as it supports more bands and 5G SA where Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 only supports n78 and nsa.
    Last edited by djcad; 2020-03-13 at 06:01 PM

According to Infovista TEMS Investigation 22.x will not need to temsify a device etc.

ODM testing on commercial devices
    From TEMS Investigation 22.0 it will be possible to measure the network performance seen from commercial devices without requiring them first to be modified (with TEMS firmware). This means that throughput testing of high data speeds in 5G NR networks can be achieved with commercial off the shelf devices.

This feature opens the door for customers to perform data service testing with almost every Android device on the market (not limited by supported chipsets an so on) and makes TEMS Investigation a very powerful choice for 5G testing.

Moderator Reputation: 520

Hi All,
    I was tested Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G SM-N976Q, it was working on n41. It's showing UE Capabilities message as on picture, not sure it will work on n78, n260 and n261 or not. Sorry for a blur picture...

Regards,
    -pt-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Reputation: 360

I'm using it for n78 testing connected to tems. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by parto_tegal View Post
    Hi All,
    I was tested Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G SM-N976Q, it was working on n41. It's showing UE Capabilities message as on picture, not sure it will work on n78, n260 and n261 or not. Sorry for a blur picture...

Regards,
    -pt-
    Best people are those who are useful to others

6. Thanks parto_tegal thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by parto_tegal View Post
    Hi All,

Regards,
    -pt-
    It should work on n41, n78, n260, n261. Also check supported ENDC band combination.

BR

8. Thanks parto_tegal thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 123

According to Infovista TEMS Investigation 22.x will not need to temsify a device etc.

From TEMS Investigation 22.0 it will be possible to measure the network performance seen from commercial devices without requiring them first to be modified (with TEMS firmware). This means that throughput testing of high data speeds in 5G NR networks can be achieved with commercial off the shelf devices.

This feature opens the door for customers to perform data service testing with almost every Android device on the market (not limited by supported chipsets an so on) and makes TEMS Investigation a very powerful choice for 5G testing.

is it ony data testing? or could be use also for regular testing such as voice?

Quote Originally Posted by torex View Post

is it ony data testing? or could be use also for regular testing such as voice?
    Seems to be only data and perhaps regular CS, atleast on the Samsungs.
    For Samsung VoLTE usually requires a specific license to decode SIP/RTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Renz View Post
    does anyone have the driver for the on-device Xiaomi mi mix3 5G , or maybe can search for me in the infovista gls portal.
    as although i have the license in my tems investigation (M license for the correct chipset SM8150/X50 Qualcomm M) as I have done all the prerequitsites,
    enabled ADM and USB tethering ,enabled debugging etc.etc. but it seems the program(tems investigation 21 is looking for an on-device support, a driver i think. when im trying to connect UE-device equipment.

or has anyone come across this before and know what im actually missing
    What I understood that you must enable the diagnostic interface , and in most cases this can only be done when the UE is rooted.
    We have tested commercial nonTEMS phones and these seems very unstable.

How is you progress?

Member Reputation: 40

I think xiaomi mi mix 3 5G is NSA capable with ENDC feature enabled & beamindex fully decoded: i get this from this site hicelltek.com

xiami_mi_mix3_5G.jpg