Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: UMTS (Nokia) High Traffic due to Mass Event - Throughput Based Optimisation

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Post UMTS (Nokia) High Traffic due to Mass Event - Throughput Based Optimisation

Hi,

Anyone has tried throughput based optimisation to free up resources and reduce BTS & AC Failures in Nokia ?

It is tough to bring AC failures down when more than 50000 people gather at one place but any parameters to look in to in order to free up more capacity ?

Failures happen in DL / UL both so it is definitely Air interface congestion.

I have tried changing the initialbitrate but that really doesn't help.

I know there are some paramters like DCHUtilBelowDowngradeThr, DCHUtilLowerAveWin DCHUtilLowerTimeToTrigger , DCHUtilMeasGuardTime, DCHUtilUpperAveWin , DCHUtilUpperTimeToTrigger , DCHUtilHighAveWin, DCHUtilHighBelowNRTDataRateThr but they all are RNC related parameters. I don't want to change the parameters at RNC level but if anyone has tried changing these then can you please share the results.

If anyone has other useful parameters like in WCEL Managed Object then please share.

Thanks
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement