Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: CA_SCELL_ACTIVE_UE_MAX is limited to 50

Member Reputation: 50

Default CA_SCELL_ACTIVE_UE_MAX is limited to 50

Dear Nokia experts,

Counters shows that the the maximum number of DL CA UEs in the current cell which have one activated SCell is limited to 50.
    Trying to improve CA usage, I adjusted the pram maxNumCaConfUe from 50 to 100 and I got an increase of the maximum number of DL CA UEs in the current cell which have one configured SCell. But the Activated SCell remains limited to 50 !!
    Our setting to Activate the secondary cell for the UE is Blind activation which means that secondary cell is activated right after configuring it.

Any explanation to this behavior?

Active CA UE Number.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fahmi; 2019-05-07 at 10:55 PM

2. Thanks tuanda2 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 109

Default Re: CA_SCELL_ACTIVE_UE_MAX is limited to 50

Hi Fahmi,

Carrier aggregated UEs with 1 or more SCell need more resources than nonCA Ues (PUCCH and MAC PS);
    Therefore limiting the amount of CA-UEs is necessary. So check PUCCH (uplink) related feature and there limitation.

maxNumActUE >= maxNumCaConfUe
    max(maxNumCaConfUeDc, maxNumCaConfUe3c) <= maxNumCaConfUe

Check below feature and capacity as well.
    • LTE1799 RL70 FSMr3 Capacity and Dimensioning (Standard)
    • LTE1963 FDD-LTE 15A FSMr3 Capacity and Dimensioning (Standard)
    • LTE1130 Dynamic PUCCH allocation (Standard)
    • LTE2664 Load Based PUCCH Region (Standard)

Br//

Quote Originally Posted by fahmi View Post
    Dear Nokia experts,

Counters shows that the the maximum number of DL CA UEs in the current cell which have one activated SCell is limited to 50.
    Trying to improve CA usage, I adjusted the pram maxNumCaConfUe from 50 to 100 and I got an increase of the maximum number of DL CA UEs in the current cell which have one configured SCell. But the Activated SCell remains limited to 50 !!
    Our setting to Activate the secondary cell for the UE is Blind activation which means that secondary cell is activated right after configuring it.

Any explanation to this behavior?

Active CA UE Number.jpg

Thank you Soltech,

With Dynamic PUCCH allocation activated, still don’t see what could be behind the restriction of the Maximum number of UEs with one activated SCell to 50 !

Member Reputation: 453

What is your sCellActivationCyclePeriod setting?
    If it is 2 seconds, then try change it to the lower setting (e.g. 0.001s)

/DJ D

Dear,

This parameter (sCellActivationCyclePeriod) is not used when "sCellActivationMethod" is set to "blind". And for my case I am using Blind activation which means that secondary cell should be activated right after configuring it.

Member Reputation: 532

What is MultScellreleasetimer value for De-configuration?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

Dear,

It's set to "0" and I don't think setting this timer may cause the limitation of Maximum number of UEs with one activated SCELL

Member Reputation: 453

Hi,

This is from the parameter sheet:

sCellActivationMethod

This parameter defines the method to be used for SCell activation.
    The meaning of the values is as follows:
    'blind' means that SCell is blindly activated and it is never re-activated after the expiration of the timer sCellDeactivationTimerEnb.
    'nonGBRBufferBased' means that SCell activation is triggered depending on the non-GBR data in the buffer. For a UE with two configured SCells, SCell activation is triggered depending on the non-GBR data in the buffer in a joint way, i.e., one MAC CE command activates all SCells.
    'nonGBRBufferBasedStepWise' means that for a UE with two configured SCells, SCell activation by one or more separate MAC CE command(s) is triggered depending on the non-GBR data in buffer in a step-wise way. In the first step one SCell is activated depending on the non-GBR data in buffer and after that depending on the non-GBR data in buffer the second SCell is activated if needed.

Note: The period of the SCell activation cycle is configured in sCellActivationCyclePeriod.

My understanding here, even with blind config option the activation / deactivation still uses sCellActivationCyclePeriod and sCellDeactivationTimerEnb

11. Thanks slava121 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 82

HI DJ,

from description of parameter "sCellActivationCyclePeriod" : This parameter defines the period of the SCell Activation cycle. The parameter value is in seconds. This parameter is not used when "sCellActivationMethod" is set to "blind". Optional feature(s): LTE1089 Downlink carrier aggregation - 2 CC
    when Blind activation is sued parameter is not regarded.

I propose to set :

LNBTS sCellActivationMethod 0 (nonGBRBufferBased) 0 (nonGBRBufferBased)
    LNBTS sCellActivationCyclePeriod 2 (2s)/0 (0.5s) 7 (0.001s)
    LNBTS scellActivationLevel 1040 (0.75 TTI) 1010 (0.1TTI)

and on TOP if FL18A se release is in place :

LNCEL scellFastSchedulingSelect 0-->1

enodeB cannot activate Scell without received periodical CQI from UE. The latest change will push UE to send CSI ( CQI) immediately after RB activation and therefore enodeB can immediately instruct UE to activate Scell via PDCCH MAC Command.

Br,

Dear djordjebeg,

Please to confirm for your network if CA_SCELL_ACTIVE_UE_MAX is limited to 50 the same as my case

Thanks