Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: LTE Maximum DL throughput Issue

Member Reputation: 532

Question LTE Maximum DL throughput Issue

Hello everyone, Happy new year!

We are having Nokia FL18 SW in our network with F1=20Mhz, F2=10Mhz & F3=5Mhz, 4X4 MIMO is active, 256QAM is active and 3CC CA is active too.

We can't achieve Max throughput beyond 154Mbps in field as well from KPIs. We don't have FTP server and we are using External websites for downloading data plus speedtest.net

We have checked transmission side and sites on FTTH also have same maximum throughput which means that transmission part is clear and issue is either on Radio side or Core/SGW side.

Does anyone has any clue what can be the issue?

We are using Samsung S8 for testing which supports 4x4 MIMO, 256QAM, 3CC. We should be able to achieve atleast 300Mbps with all these features active. Our Core is Huawei. The SIM used for testing has been configured with 1Gbps AMBR on MME side.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

2. Thanks tuanda2 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: LTE Maximum DL throughput Issue

can you share more details for the field test result?
    Like Physical throughput, modulation, rank indicator,... which is affected directly to your application throughput

Reputations for me if you think it helpful

Thanks for reply.

We are getting RI = 2 and 3CC active, 64QAM modulation being used, RSRP = -83dBm, SINR = 22, Approx 100 PRBs being assigned and even we have restricted the access to the cell by other UEs to test the throughput in no load scenario but throughput never crosses 154mbps.

The throughput on F1 (20mhz) without CA and with 3CC is almost same with no difference.UE doesn't get more PRBs even though the cell has no load.

We are downloading 10GB files from an external website for testing plus playing 4k youtube video.

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

Are you using for testing the Samsung Galaxy S8?
    BR Slava

Yes we are using Samsung S8 variant having 4x4 MIMO support, 256QAM and 3CC support version for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by slava121 View Post
    Are you using for testing the Samsung Galaxy S8?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

Have you verified the UE capability info of from DT logs. Does it support the 3CC bands ?

Rgds
    Plannerguy

Member Reputation: 205

Am I right, that your network has 256QAM enabled, but you don't see it on your Phone (S8)? Might I ask if your testphone is an official testphone like TEMS or NEMO or if it's an OEM device? It might be that 256QAM and Rank3/4 (MIMO 4x4) are not enabled in androids carrier settings.

By the way does your APN have a cap/limit?
    Last edited by pathloss; 2019-01-04 at 03:24 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the response, We are using Samsung S8 offical for TEMs, It has 256QAM/3CC/4x4 MIMO capability but i can see from the logs that 256QAM works fine with 4x4MIMO as well but throughput doesn't go beyond 150Mbps. I can see in the attach messages that AMBR is 1Gbps, Transmission team says the site is FTTH (1Gbps capacity).

Quote Originally Posted by pathloss View Post
    Am I right, that your network has 256QAM enabled, but you don't see it on your Phone (S8)? Might I ask if your testphone is an official testphone like TEMS or NEMO or if it's an OEM device? It might be that 256QAM and Rank3/4 (MIMO 4x4) are not enabled in androids carrier settings.

By the way does your APN have a cap/limit?
    Thanks!

Yes, We can see 3CC active and working but Tpt never goes beyond 150Mbps.
    Quote Originally Posted by plannerguy View Post
    Hi

Have you verified the UE capability info of from DT logs. Does it support the 3CC bands ?

Rgds
    Plannerguy
    Thanks!

VIP Member Reputation: 1787

can you do a test for the transport? iperf??. we had a case with our GPon network where each circuit was limited to 200Mbps when that limit was removed it was all went well, if you are able to see transport statistics try to see is the payload is flattening.

I would suggest going step by step to troubleshoot.
    Auto_art Default PAS: london
    pl rate threads for their usefulnes
    share & care

13. Thanks khurrambilal01 thanked for this post