Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Global Mapper 16 + ATDI Plug-in PORTABLE

Member Reputation: 70

Default Re: Global Mapper 16 + ATDI Plug-in PORTABLE

I've tested the portable GM16 just a minute ago, it works (on a windows 8.1 enterptise 8Gb ram i5 2.5GHz) I've converted Slovakia_25m.RSO (29,862 kb) in Vertical Mapper Classified/Clutter Grid (.grc+tab).
    It took about 16 min. Unfortunately trying to open the converted file generates a stack error in Global Mapper (in the GM 20 too). I'm still investigating, but in this case I think it's a GM16 problem. I'll try to convert to another format...

Quote Originally Posted by phila63 View Post
    And it looks like there is an issue with GM V16 exporting vertical mapper GRC files. The files can't be opened in GM or QGIS,

Anyone been able to create grc files from the RSO files using this GM and ATI plug-in>?
    Last edited by jacomart; 2019-03-09 at 01:22 AM

Member Reputation: 190

Quote Originally Posted by jacomart View Post
    No matter where you run the program, it can be launched using an USB pen drive without troubles with the .exe and the .dat file in the same folder, the only issue is that the ATDI plugins are very slow! A 10m resolution dem of an average european country can take a week to be converted!
    Tried the USD drive on a 64 bit win10 Pro and still no go.
    I can't get the ATDI plugin to work, no matter where I run it on a 64 bit machine.
    It's not something I will need often, so I'll live with using it in a VM.

Member Reputation: 190

Quote Originally Posted by jacomart View Post
    I've tested the portable GM16 just a minute ago, it works (on a windows 8.1 enterptise 8Gb ram i5 2.5GHz) I've converted Slovakia_25m.RSO (29,862 kb) in Vertical Mapper Classified/Clutter Grid (.grc+tab).
    It took about 16 min. Unfortunately trying to open the converted file generates a stack error in Global Mapper (in the GM 20 too). I'm still investigating, but in this case I think it's a GM16 problem. I'll try to convert to another format...
    The GRC file created by GM16 can't be opened by any apps that I have.

Yep it's very slow, even when I set up the projections etc.
    At least I was able to run 2x instances of GM16 with 1x converting the terrain and the other the clutter. That saved some time.

To get around the issue, I exported the RSO to verticalmapper GRD file in GM16.
    Then in GM19 I opened the verticalmapper GRD file and offset the elevation by "1" using 'options' 'alter elevation values' 'offset' so that values of 0 could be converted properly in the next phase.
    Then in GM19 I exported the elevation adjusted GRD to a vertical mapper GRC.
    The GRC works well in all my apps.