Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Global Mapper 16 + ATDI Plug-in PORTABLE

Member Reputation: 70

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Default Global Mapper 16 + ATDI Plug-in PORTABLE

Dear all,
    I hope to please you posting here the link to a portable version of Global Mapper 16 (32bit) complete with ATDI functional plugin. In case you like it, please add some reputation.
    Regards
    Jaco
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks probabaja, trunghtv, ali56s thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 177

Default Re: Global Mapper 16 + ATDI Plug-in PORTABLE

What version is the ATDI plug in? Will it do RGE and RSO?

Quote Originally Posted by phila63 View Post
    What version is the ATDI plug in? Will it do RGE and RSO?
    Yes, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomart View Post
    Yes, of course!!
    Thanks for reply, however I can't get it to work.
    I created a folder names plugins under the folder where Global Mapper 16.exe is located and placed the ATDI Global Mapper Plug-in.dat in that folder.
    When I run Global Mapper 16.exe, it doesn't pop up the ATDI plugin box and when using open files, doesn't show the ATDI file types in the list.
    Can you help with how to get it working please.

Thanks

VIP Member Reputation: 1401

phila63, as jacomart stated, this is a "portable version" of GM loaded with the ATDI Plug-In, so I assume you need to run the executable that is supplied with the large .dat file and this should bring up a portable instance of GM 16 with the ATDI Pugins loaded ... although I would suggest you use a sandbox (or old PC) for running such things downloaded off the web. I haven't tried it yet, will run it on an old machine when I have time.

8. Thanks jacomart thanked for this post

Had some time to play....

I ran it in a Virtual Machine as a sandbox, however it was a 64 bit machine. Didn't realise at the time it was a 64 bit.
    Ran it successfully in a 32bit Virtual Machine. It's very slow on the loading the files and converting, so I'll tweak the VM at some stage.

Thanks Jaco!
    Last edited by phila63; 2019-03-07 at 12:34 PM

10. Thanks jacomart thanked for this post

The time taken is actually high both for loading and for converting even in non-portable versions expecially working with DEM resolutions higher than 50m; as I wrote in a PM this portable versions works fine with 64bit OS using the emulator WOW64 that is included in all 64-bit versions of Windows - including Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, IA-64 and x64 versions of Windows Server 2003, as well as 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. In Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core, it is an optional component, but not in Nano Server. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...t-applications
    I suggest for your safety, although I'm pretty sure that there aren't such problems, to first check it on a virtual machine for viruses and other stuff and then run it on a good 64bit machine.

Quote Originally Posted by phila63 View Post
    Had some time to play....

I ran it in a Virtual Machine as a sandbox, however it was a 64 bit machine. Didn't realise at the time it was a 64 bit.
    Ran it successfully in a 32bit Virtual Machine. It's very slow on the loading the files and converting, so I'll tweak the VM at some stage.

Thanks Jaco!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomart View Post
    The time taken is actually high both for loading and for converting even in non-portable versions expecially working with DEM resolutions higher than 50m; as I wrote in a PM this portable versions works fine with 64bit OS using the emulator WOW64 that is included in all 64-bit versions of Windows - including Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, IA-64 and x64 versions of Windows Server 2003, as well as 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. In Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core, it is an optional component, but not in Nano Server. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...t-applications
    I suggest for your safety, although I'm pretty sure that there aren't such problems, to first check it on a virtual machine for viruses and other stuff and then run it on a good 64bit machine.
    Tried to run it on 2x windows 10 Pro 64 bit machines and the ATDI plug in doesn't work.

I tried it with EXE and DATA files in c:\program files (x86) also ran a 32 bit command prompt (%SystemRoot%\SYSWOW64\cmd.exe - I believe?) and tried to run it in that. Still no luck.

Looks like a 3 hour conversion of RGE file for me. Lucky there's a spare computer.

And it looks like there is an issue with GM V16 exporting vertical mapper GRC files. The files can't be opened in GM or QGIS,

Anyone been able to create grc files from the RSO files using this GM and ATI plug-in>?

No matter where you run the program, it can be launched using an USB pen drive without troubles with the .exe and the .dat file in the same folder, the only issue is that the ATDI plugins are very slow! A 10m resolution dem of an average european country can take a week to be converted!