Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 2G expansion calculations

Member Reputation: 49

Default 2G expansion calculations

Please share you experiance with TRX expansion strategys methodology u have used are using....

Are u taking monthly average values for TCH blocking or BH traffic and so on.

Thanks in advance,
    K

PS share some useful docs if u have

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 502

dear
    normally you can do as you said take one month traffic and congestion and average them . in case if you want to be more reliable take maximum of both your traffic and congestion then average on maximum.
    br

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvera View Post
    Please share you experiance with TRX expansion strategys methodology u have used are using....

Are u taking monthly average values for TCH blocking or BH traffic and so on.

Thanks in advance,
    K

PS share some useful docs if u have
    I always take in to account the BH traffic with also avg weekly trend.

But before making an expansion always try to balance the traffic between neighbors or use the HR, AMR etc
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

Default TRX HR+FR Capacity

For the TRX offered capacity i have to calculate HR+FR capacity as well, is it correct?

I mean if i have 2 TRX offering 7.20 erl at @2% GOS, adding 2 HR licenses will increase my capacity till 20 erl??

Prompt response will be appreciated

u can gather Double the traffic with HR !!

Try also to balance the traffic on neighbors !
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

So basically i have to include increased capacity in the expansion calculation, and shouldn't calculate expansion based on only FR capacity?

thanks.
    K

Sure you have aslo to take HR as margin let say 50% of TRX have HR TS if you go just on full rate the amount of TRXs you need more and cost.

Gents from your experience, if i have 2 TRX with 2 HR is it gonna carry 20.15 Erlang at 2% GoS or is going to be 50% increase for 2 FR TRX i.e 2 FR can carry 7.4 Erl if it is 50 % increase so it's gonna be 14 erl?

Gents from your experience, if i have 2 TRX with 2 HR is it gonna carry 20.15 Erlang at 2% GoS or is going to be 50% increase for 2 FR TRX i.e 2 FR can carry 7.4 Erl if it is 50 % increase so it's gonna be 14 erl?
    With busy hour traffic 7.4 Erl atr 2% Blocking rate, you need 9 time slots. Two trx means u have 16 time slots available out of which 14 would be available for carrying the traffic if u r assiging 1 time slot for SDCCH traffic (traffic isnt much so u shuld go for 1 sdcch).

Now 14 time slots can carry 14.4126 Erl Traffic with FR. If you go with HR then it will be doubled 2*14.4126 = 28.825 Erl, so it should be ok if you go for HR

Thanks
    Last edited by venom; 2009-07-05 at 05:13 AM

Regards,
    Venom

Dear
    erlang B table is not linear function table , what i mean
    let say you have two TRX and assume all TS is traffic channel then Erlang will be 9.8 erl and if come separate TRX into one TRX+one TRX will be 3.62+3.62=7.42 erl you can see the difference in traffic.
    BR