Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reason for Dropped Call

Member Reputation: 25

Default Reason for Dropped Call

Hi Everybody, I have 1 droppped call on e******* 2G RBS, on which i am not sure about the reason for that. Signal Quality and Coverage is quite well, and no RLT is counted back, but it occured many times on whole city. It was from MS2PSTN call. I guess there may be a problem on PSTN side? What do you think?

Here is the disconnect message:

CC Disconnect
    TI flag: 1, Transaction ID: 0x0
    IE: Cause
    - .Coding Standard: GSM PLMNS Standard
    - .Location: Public network serving the local user
    - .Cause value: class - Resource unavailable (Hex 2), value - temporary failure (Hex 09)
    - .Diagnostic(s) if any:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 502

you can make trace on your MS number and see what is the message i don't know how to trace in E******* if it huawei i could help .
    BR

VIP Member Reputation: 571

hi
    This cause indicates that the network is not functioning correctly causing call drop
    mybe problem is related to the synchronization or bad signaling between msc and pstn.

br hassen

Member Reputation: 46

Hi gencerali,
    Seeing your disconnect message, it's quite clear that the reason is Resource Unavailable. Everytime you got this type of cause value, then it means no resource available = lack of capacity. If lack of capacity in radio part (BSS to MS part), then it will not be counted as drop instead of block call, but if lack of capacity happen in higher level of network (such as A interface, or link to PSTN), then this disconnect call will be counted as a drop in BSS counter. So, the suggestion is, please check your A interface or your GSM to PSTN link congestion and availability, it should be there.
    Hopefully clear for you.

BR//Rheyra
    Pls don't forget to add reputation my friend

Quote Originally Posted by gencerali View Post
    Hi Everybody, I have 1 droppped call on e******* 2G RBS, on which i am not sure about the reason for that. Signal Quality and Coverage is quite well, and no RLT is counted back, but it occured many times on whole city. It was from MS2PSTN call. I guess there may be a problem on PSTN side? What do you think?

CC Disconnect
    - .Cause value: class - Resource unavailable (Hex 2), value - temporary failure (Hex 09)
    - .Diagnostic(s) if any:
    Last edited by rheyra; 2009-06-29 at 02:42 PM

Member Reputation: 555

Hi,
    I have seen many times the call was released due to temporary failure, resource unavailable, network out of order, channel unacceptable etc but the radio condition was good.
    In my 3G drivetest experience, (usually in nemo) that kind of release will count as dropped call, but you can further verify that RRC release message should be normal release although on disconnect cause shown that particular case.

Usually this problem are caused on high level network entity such as blocking on MSC-MSC/HLR etc, you should checked and make coordination with Core team to checked those interface performance.

br

Quote Originally Posted by gencerali View Post

CC Disconnect
    - .Diagnostic(s) if any:

VIP Member Reputation: 571

hi

I am agree 100 % with gito
    please follow his recommandation

hassen

Member Reputation: 146

Could you make a test system in MSC, with this you can view a EOS fault
    code ...after that you can review this EOS in Alex Library