Thanks Thanks:  6
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Android Tool: Microwave Link Calculator

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Android Tool: Microwave Link Calculator

I am a telecommunications engineer and I am working as a field engineer for a mobile network operator. Deploying, maintaining and rescuing microwave link are important parts of my job.
    When being onsite (and sometimes on antenna tower) I find it inconvenient and waste of time to check the microwave link information on laptop PC with some tools such as pathloss, google earth … And the existing datafills are not always exact.
    Another problem is that using compass is not easy because of magnetic interference from antenna tower. So directions of the link can not be determined accurately.
    Because of the above reasons, I’ve made an android application called Microwave Link Calculator to help myself and people working in the field.
    With Microwave Link Calculator you can:
    - Get exactly GPS Coordinate at your current site and share your partners at the other site.
    - Get the elevation of each site and elevation of the link. This lets you estimate the position to set up the outdoor equipment parts on the antenna towers.
    - Get azimuths from one site to the other one.
    - With google map integrated, the microwave link can be displayed on map, you can look at some nearer targets to easily determine direction of the link from your site exactly.

You can download Microwave Link Calculator on Google Play Store:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...microwave_viba
    Please let me know your ideas for better updates.
    Visit my blog for more details about the app: BOM APPS

2. Thanks Nyquist, SRRFWIRELESS7, kevin_h811, jacomart, rm77, T_ADD thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 310

Default Re: Android Tool: Microwave Link Calculator

it's not available for Iran!

Dear m_afrasiabi,

Please check Micowave Link Calculator on Google Play with this link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...microwave_viba. I found that there are some guys are using the app in Iran.
    Tks!

Dear all,

I've just update Microwave Link Calculator, with this update you can:
    - Get tilt of each site.
    - Get antenna gain of each site.
    - Get estimated received power of each site
    You can download Microwave Link Calculator on Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...microwave_viba
    Please give me your opinions and what you want with this app. So that we can improve theMicrowave Link Calculator in future updates.

Member Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by m_afrasiabi View Post
    it's not available for Iran!
    Try with a VPN, or maybe author could provide an apk file to download and install

Dear all,

Let me show you how Microwave Link Calculator works: