Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: LTE Drive test without Operator Cooperation or knowledge of parameters

Member Reputation: 1609

Default LTE Drive test without Operator Cooperation or knowledge of parameters

I would like to make a drive test on a local operators LTE network in order to calibrate my radio planning software. I don't have any knowledge of their parameters or link budget.

I guess I can make an educated guess on cable losses, antenna type, azimuth & downtilt with a site visit. I should also be able to estimate ERP & frequency with the right measurement software.

Which software would you use to measure the network coverage & how would you go about starting ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

Default Re: LTE Drive test without Operator Cooperation or knowledge of parameters

Quote Originally Posted by primig View Post
    I would like to make a drive test on a local operators LTE network in order to calibrate my radio planning software. I don't have any knowledge of their parameters or link budget.

I guess I can make an educated guess on cable losses, antenna type, azimuth & downtilt with a site visit. I should also be able to estimate ERP & frequency with the right measurement software.

Which software would you use to measure the network coverage & how would you go about starting ?
    you should start with atoll, light and simple

kamy

Member Reputation: 423

Default Re: LTE Drive test without Operator Cooperation or knowledge of parameters

Hi,
    you may use TEMS or Nemo to measure air interface. RS tx power can be obtained from L3 messages, then you will know RS power, bandwidth and RSRP. So path-loss can be computed and also atoll can be calibrated(i don't have experience with atoll, so i don't know how to calibrate it), if you can visit site and take azimuths&tilt,antennas type and approx feeder length (if operator use RRH, this step can be skipped, )
    Last edited by tremalnike; 2016-03-19 at 11:11 PM
    Best Regards !

5. Thanks bobsh thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 360

Tx and Rx antenna can be shown as well from logfiles using Nemo analyzer,genex assistant or others post processing tools
    Best people are those who are useful to others