Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Minimum RSRP / Ec Signal needed

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default Minimum RSRP / Ec Signal needed

Experts,

I am working on a tootl that calculates the signal's strength (whether RSRP or Ec) needed to cover an "X" number of people. So the higher the density of people, the stronger the signal you need.

Let's say you need -84 dBm in LTE to cover 1000 people in downtown; however, you need -102 dBm in rural areas to cover 100 people.

Has anyone of you worked on something of that sort? Is there a study that I can check or a guide to help me through this?

Truly appreciate your inputs and help.

2. Thanks sad_RNP thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 23

Default Re: Minimum RSRP / Ec Signal needed

Quote Originally Posted by boustani View Post
    Experts,

I am working on a tootl that calculates the signal's strength (whether RSRP or Ec) needed to cover an "X" number of people. So the higher the density of people, the stronger the signal you need.

Let's say you need -84 dBm in LTE to cover 1000 people in downtown; however, you need -102 dBm in rural areas to cover 100 people.

Has anyone of you worked on something of that sort? Is there a study that I can check or a guide to help me through this?

Truly appreciate your inputs and help.

If you follow the rule of UMTS, you need always to consider a 70dB of minimum coupling loss. after that you need to calculate the noise that the 1000 users create. More users more noise (more interference on the cell)

Member Reputation: 18

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Minimum RSRP / Ec Signal needed

For RSRP measurement probably don't have relation with noise. Last time our RNP guy just calculated about SINR and noise that xxxx users create.