Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: MTM 800 COS output/ RX Carrier Output

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default MTM 800 COS output/ RX Carrier Output

HI all,

My first post here, I have not been able to find any tetra forums on the net so far. So im pretty happy to find this one.

Does anyone know how to get a signal out of an MTM 800 that goes low or high when it receives something? I found something on the audio amp, but it is not quite right... If anyone knows of a location to pick this off the board I would love to know.

Thanks.
    E.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 16

Default Re: MTM 800 COS output/ RX Carrier Output

It looks like there is no simple answer... I was also looking for that signal in my MTM800 but accessory connector doesn`t have that function. The only way is to use +6-7V that is on a speaker output when radio is receiving a signal, You can measure it on 1 and 16 pins on the accesory connector and try to connect npn transistor switch for e.g. But be carefull, if You accidentaly connect 1 or 16 pin to ground, You will blow the audio amplifier(TDA1519) output because it works in brigde aplication. Second method is more complex, You need to get signal from pin 8 (MUTE) of TDA1519 from inside of Your radio and also connect it to the transistor switch...

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: MTM 800 COS output/ RX Carrier Output

Thanks for the reply, yes that is the only way that I came up with as well..... I think I will go with pin 8 method.

Ev.