Thanks Thanks:  7
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2G share traffic Using Cell Selectiion - Reselection Parameters?

Member Reputation: 96

Default 2G share traffic Using Cell Selectiion - Reselection Parameters?

Dear

i have 2 cell (GSM) , macro-cell A & micro-cell B (coverage area )

how i cam make micro-cell B share more traffic of macro-cell A by using cell selectiion -reselection c ? which parameters can modify?

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 130

Default Re: 2G share traffic Using Cell Selectiion - Reselection Parameters?

Hello

you should use Cell Reselection Offset

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by sad_RNP View Post
    Dear

i have 2 cell (GSM) , macro-cell A & micro-cell B (coverage area )

how i cam make micro-cell B share more traffic of macro-cell A by using cell selectiion -reselection c ? which parameters can modify?

thanks
    You can use Cell Reselection Offset (CRO). Make CRO of macro-cell A 0 and increase CRO of micro-cell B to 4 or more if you need. You can make it by handover also.

Member Reputation: 62

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

You can use too, ACCMIN, BSRXMIN, MSRXMIN, depending on what cell is having more traffic, but this parameters apply for entire cell coverage and neighbors, how somebody told you CRO is for almost the same results, but in a cell to cell relation must be more proper to use AWOFFSET or OFFSET, both of them works only in one neighbor relation, and you can use CELL LOAD SHARING too. I can explain you with more detail but at this time I am going to my house in a bus. Tell me if you are interested ib that solutions, best regards,

Member Reputation: 96

if u have time , i am interseted

thanks

Member Reputation: 62

Ok, I'll give you a more detailed explanation after, I'm running at this time, but for AWOFFSET if you change this parameter for example from default value 5 dB to 10 dB it means that you will have a corridor of 5 dB more greater than the default value, then you wil be able to make calls where the signal strength of the serving cell is at most 10 dB greater than the neighbor cell only in that relation, for example in the command: RLNRC:CELL=HHT483A,CELLR=HHT061A,AWOFFSET=10; it means that you will make a call when the serving cell HHT483A is greater by 10, 9.9999, 9.95, 8, .....or less, only when you have values for serving cell greater than 10 dB you will make call in the serving cell, the you must be sure that the frequency plan is idle of co and adjacent channels, the good news of this method is that when a channel is released in serving cell then you'll handed over to serving cell. The other case, changing OFFSET from value different to 0 you'll change the cell boundary between a pair of relations, for example in the command RLNRC:CELL=HHT483A,CELLR=HHT061A,OFFSETP=30; you'll have that cell HHT483A will move its boundary 30 dB from the original line inside the coverage of the HHT061A and then HHT483 will gain traffic, by the way if you put RLNRC:CELL=HHT483A,CELLR=HHT061A,OFFSETN=20; it means that cell HHT483A will collapse its boundary in only this relation up to 20 dB then HHT061A will gain traffic. Excuse me for the hurry but I'm working at this time, however I expect this help you, if not please tell me and I will explain the other feature, best regards,

Member Reputation: 109

you can use HCS also,in case you licensed for it,
    set lower layer for micro cell compared to macro cell and adjust the layerthr

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

it is better to use C2 parameter.

Regards
    Plannerguy

Member Reputation: 27

One thecnique we use to push traffic from macro cell to the micro cell in the idle mode. BY Disable penalty time (640s) on the Macro cell. So the C2 wil be calculated by the MS as follow:
    C2=C1_ cell reselect offset
    Then set CRO = 0, the equation wil be C2=C1 only . While keeping CRO and penalty time on the micro cell as default value (CRO=8 dB and penalty time = 20S) the C2 micro cell > C2 Macro cell . Thus more mobiles will camp on the micro cell during idle mode. Thanks