Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ICS Telecom with tiled terrain maps

Member Reputation: 151

Question ICS Telecom with tiled terrain maps

Dear friends,
    could you please confirm whether ics telecom works with tiled terrain maps or not. When I use ATDI plugin for Global Mapper, it shows that big terrain maps can be downloaded in tiles. But I couldn't use tiled maps in ics telecom.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 295

Default Re: ICS Telecom with tiled terrain maps

Well, this is a rather late answer, but for what it could be worth:

1) About tiled image maps: ICS Telecom v12 and later supports downloading tiled images from Bing maps. This works by having a special "licence file" (named *.BIM), which is a simple text licence file (with your licence code inside) and which when selected in the place of the map image file (i.e. instead of your *.img file inside your project settings) will make ICS Telecom download tiles from Bing map and store them locally for off-line use. Thus, you do not need Global Mapper for this.

2) About tiled maps in general: I am not familiar with the matter, but it looks like ICS Telecom can use such when working with ICS MapServer and (ICS MapServer is a separate program, which requires a separate installation and a separate user licence). There are multiple posts in this forum discussing ICS MapServer.

This was my halfpenny.

Regards,
    Resistor