Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RLC & application layer throughput

Member Reputation: 119

Default RLC & application layer throughput

hello,

this new thread is aimed to start a session of 3G and HSPA optimization tips. by sharing knowldge we can go ahead but i see in this forum, a big part of members look for profiting from shared docs and tools without mind about others. thus, it will be more better to help each other in facing sophisticated problems, especially in 3G as a new domain.
    the last once i posted a thread about difference between RLC throughput and application layer throughput and why we get sometimes: application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.
    however, i didn't receive any reply. the same form many other posts.
    thx to be more helpfull to make more profeesionel our forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 34

Default Hi

Hi
    as you said the RLC throughput should be higher than the application throughput.

can you please share whith us the snapshot
    or answer this question
    how did you measured the application throughput or with which software???

for me to measure the application throughput I use the command sequence in tems with an internal server

thanks

Member Reputation: 119

Default snapshot

hi friend,

i attthed the snapshot where i get RLC throughput lower than application layer throughput !
    thx to give me explication about that.

BRhttp://www.monsterup.com/image.php?u...1237368573.jpg
    Last edited by eritelecom; 2009-03-18 at 06:31 PM Reason: snapshot

Member Reputation: 34

realy Its strange ,it should be a bug
    try to use the latest patch for tems investigation 9.0,may be they have corrected this error
    tems investigation is not perfect

thanks

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default ques. HSDPA throughput for HTTP task

dears,

i wanted to know the information element or chart in tems which measure HSDPA throughput for HTTP task
    i thinked that it is RLC Throughbut but i reported that it is wrong

Member Reputation: 555

Hi,

Actually it is impossible, RLC throughput should be higher than application, coz RLC is combined between RF protocol and internet protocol, while the application is part of the internet protocol. CMIIW.
    Some application could be merged in to 1 RLC so almost impossible that RLC is less than App. But the one that could be the same is PPP throughput.
    See attahced picture.

br

Quote Originally Posted by eritelecom View Post
    hello,

this new thread is aimed to start a session of 3G and HSPA optimization tips. by sharing knowldge we can go ahead but i see in this forum, a big part of members look for profiting from shared docs and tools without mind about others. thus, it will be more better to help each other in facing sophisticated problems, especially in 3G as a new domain.
    the last once i posted a thread about difference between RLC throughput and application layer throughput and why we get sometimes: application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Reputation: 555

hi Punta_arbe,

I have upload in new thread

br

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by eritelecom View Post
    hello,

From the MS point of view, for user data transmission: app-sndcp-llc-rrc/mac-phy layer.So application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.

If you find the APP throughput is much lower than the RRC/LLC throughput, there is always a high retransmission rate and much more dummy control signalling message.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: RLC & application layer throughput

Quote Originally Posted by xinyups2 View Post
    From the MS point of view, for user data transmission: app-sndcp-llc-rrc/mac-phy layer.So application layer throughput higher than RLC throughput which is logicaly impossible.

If you find the APP throughput is much lower than the RRC/LLC throughput, there is always a high retransmission rate and much more dummy control signalling message.
    ===
    Hi, i also got problem, it is similar.
    our network has low RLC (75 kbps) but in MCS-9, no congest in PDCH, no hardware problem, but retransmission is high. Deviation within DL RLC and App is very high it is around 40 kbps.
    Please anyone know how to find out this, why low throghput occupied in MCS-9 and also gap within RLC and App is so high. thx very much