Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone know what will be the weak point of LTE 800Mhz?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Anyone know what will be the weak point of LTE 800Mhz?

basically client is asking to check for any weak point of LTE800 mhz that deployed by their rival.
    the reason is to have advance preparation when they going to roll out LTE900 mhz.

by theory, lower band coverage is bigger than higher band thus might cause more interference.

so i'm checking the coverage overlap comparison between existing LTE800 mhz & LTE 2.1Ghz of their rival.
    however, it seem like coverage overlap is even lesser in LTE800 mhz compare to LTE 2.1Ghz.
    i'm guessing this might be the number of sites deployed in LTE800 mhz are much lesser.

now, any advise i can check?
    thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 587

Default Re: Anyone know what will be the weak point of LTE 800Mhz?

Hello friend,

It is not only about the number of the sites but the position of the sites, tilt of the antenna, terrain, transmitting power etc.
    We are doing some test at our network about U900 and the coverage was pretty good and far more better than the 2100 MHz we have already implemented.

You are going to have more coverage if you have same position with the other operator.
    Btw in our field there are no "Rival" terms as their can be your employer maybe at some other times.

Regards.
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by samuraial View Post
    Hello friend,

It is not only about the number of the sites but the position of the sites, tilt of the antenna, terrain, transmitting power etc.
    We are doing some test at our network about U900 and the coverage was pretty good and far more better than the 2100 MHz we have already implemented.

You are going to have more coverage if you have same position with the other operator.
    Btw in our field there are no "Rival" terms as their can be your employer maybe at some other times.

Regards.
    hi friend,

1st of all, thanks for the reply.
    however, i think you haven't answer my question?

i'm simplify my question here: what is the weak point of lte800mhz compare to higher frequency like lte2.1ghz?

thanks & regards.

Senior Member Reputation: 361

In 800MHz you will see higher interference in dense urban areas where capacity is the limiting factor. Also, this signal will leak into buildings thus influencing in-building installations. These are not so big problems... There might be a problem if 800MHz band is clear from analog TV. If the band is not cleared from it, it will slow down the deployment and could cause some problems on sites rather close to analog TV.

Member Reputation: 684

Hello cappuccino,

What weakness do you expect to find?

For radio point of view, differences should be similar to UMTS 900 / UMTS 2100.

I think that for LTE 800 you should consider the following things:
    1. Most probably new antennas will be required as most of the antennas do not support 800 and 900 band simultaneously.
    2. LTE 800 has 30 MHz bandwidth. If you don't plan to go to 20 MHz at the start, at later stage may not be be possible to expand (if the spectrum is already taken by another operator in the country)

As samuraial said, good planning and optimization are the important things for a good performing network.

P.S. You can always propose a trial

BR,
    Rooster[BG]

A weak point could be the amount of LTE terminals available in the market for that frequency for example.

Member Reputation: 92

My customer has both LTE on band 20 (800 MHz) and band 7 (2600 MHz).
    On this case it's hard to compare performance because customer bought different bandwiths on each band.

In 800 MHz case, I can tell you that we had some issues with interference coming from Digital TV.