Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Actix logfile size and number?

Member Reputation: 195

Default Actix logfile size and number?

Hi,

I just want to ask regarding actix loading many logfiles. Is it hardware issue if it can't handle like 50-100 logs at the same time? or the size have something to do with it? in my actix I can load upto 12logs only, after the 13th or 14th logs, data would be blank for this..anyone encountered this? any workaround? Using CoreI3 intel, 2gb ram and win7 os..Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 684

Default Re: Actix logfile size and number?

Hi patek1968,

2GB RAM is not enough for big area post processing I think.

Indeed, there is a limit but it is not strict number. It all depends on the DT Tool and Configuration (e.g. around 500MB Nemo logs).

I've noticed that when the Actix process takes around 1.3GB RAM is time to finish up what I'm doing as it may crash. Keep in mind that all you do with the logs in Actix requires additional resources, so how many files can you load at once is not the only criteria.

BR,
    Rooster[BG]

Quote Originally Posted by patek1968 View Post
    Hi,

I just want to ask regarding actix loading many logfiles. Is it hardware issue if it can't handle like 50-100 logs at the same time? or the size have something to do with it? in my actix I can load upto 12logs only, after the 13th or 14th logs, data would be blank for this..anyone encountered this? any workaround? Using CoreI3 intel, 2gb ram and win7 os..Thanks

Member Reputation: 195

Hmm..It means I needed to upgrade my RAM to atleast 4gb? I am also thinking about the quality of logfiles may caused this issue. Any settings in actix I can look regarding this thing? or it is purely hardware fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster[BG] View Post
    Hi patek1968,

2GB RAM is not enough for big area post processing I think.

Indeed, there is a limit but it is not strict number. It all depends on the DT Tool and Configuration (e.g. around 500MB Nemo logs).

I've noticed that when the Actix process takes around 1.3GB RAM is time to finish up what I'm doing as it may crash. Keep in mind that all you do with the logs in Actix requires additional resources, so how many files can you load at once is not the only criteria.

BR,
    Rooster[BG]

Member Reputation: 15

the size of the log file should be less than 200MB

Member Reputation: 684

This is related to the way Actix works.

Actix can take up to 1.3GB RAM, some part of the Page File. If you have only 2GB and you are running some other software it will not be enough. You can still do it with 2GB.
    There will be no difference between 4GB and 8GB RAM since Actix can't use it anyway.
    This is an old thread regarding one option for Windows 7 http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28119 that gives some light about the RAM issue.
    It was also commented in this forum, but I can't find the thread now. I was able to load more data after applying this method.

If you can give more details about the DT Tool/Configuration you use, someone will be able to tell better estimate.

BR,
    Rooster[BG]

Quote Originally Posted by patek1968 View Post
    Hmm..It means I needed to upgrade my RAM to atleast 4gb? I am also thinking about the quality of logfiles may caused this issue. Any settings in actix I can look regarding this thing? or it is purely hardware fault?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi
    you can use repositories to load log files with certain attributes which you want....
    Using repositories provided by ACTIX for using less RAM.
    I had the same problem and repositories was my solution.

Member Reputation: 567

Tems discovery can load many logfile and store them in HW disk. late you can use the imported logile. TD not load logifle again. But the actix can not. How can load many logfile (>2GB) and store in dish in actix.
    Thanks
    dtvt2
    Pass: finetopix

Member Reputation: 28

For logfiles processing, your laptop should have at least 8G RAM, 16G preferably. The individual file size should be less than 60M preferably. My work consists of analyzing different set of data for major operators in Europe & North America & Asia...That is the real experience from the daily routines..

Member Reputation: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Ali.Samari View Post
    Hi
    you can use repositories to load log files with certain attributes which you want....
    Using repositories provided by ACTIX for using less RAM.
    I had the same problem and repositories was my solution.
    Hi

I agree Ali.Samari. You can use repository function in actix for long and lot of log files.

It'a solution.

BR