Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: GSM will be dead soon.

Member Reputation: 295

Default Re: GSM will be dead soon.

Hello,

I dont think so GSM will dead soon. Still in the international market it has the highest share among all available technologies. Still companies revenues are mainly coming from CS GSM not data services as they are mainly to attract subscribers in terms of different promotions. It has also been forecast it will remain number one in upcoming years.

BR

Member Reputation: 159

GSM will still be deployed in 10 years.

Member Reputation: 368

Agreed! for Voice I think GSM will Rule for awhile.My opinion is most Probably 3G will get isolated & LTE will take on behalf of HSPA
    Add me Rep to become a Senior Member :)

Junior Member Reputation: 10

when will it be off

Member Reputation: 62

Quote Originally Posted by cuixiaobin View Post
    GSM will be dead soon.
    You are very smart and clever, you only dropped the atomic bomb, isn't it?, Did you know that many fish would bite the bait?,
    Well you caught me!, Well I truly believe that the death of GSM depends on the strategies of the market as:
    Lower prices of new mobile products, say products because this includes phones, modems and cards mainly OEM in my country there are many users of GPRS, and growing up, because the units are cheaper than UMTS/HSPA+ cards because you don't need high throughput too.
    Strategies for the use of the spectrum.
    Marketing strategies of carriers.
    But on the other hand it's needed a cultural change of people and this only occurs in a change of generations., still exist a population of adults over 40 years old who prefer to speak by phone insted of send messages even less they don't be using FACEBOOK, perhaps sending e-mails from a computer but not from phone.
    Well my dad is 75 and just talking on the phone, I have 50 and sometimes I send sms, I prefer to send something written but using computer, not from phone. Maybe I'll die before GSM system ha!, No seriously, I think this is going to happen but in 15 years we are going to go to the funeral and to give honors to GSM, by the way I need to make a call, best regards, Maybe

Agree with tharinduwije. GSM will "live on" for voice, for sure.

Member Reputation: 195

GSM will still be the priority for voice since capacity wise and cost wise its more efficient..3G will likely die then LTE will takeover..just my 2 cents..

GSM Has still a bright future for at least 10 years. There are many countries in which is still deplyed.

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

may Be down the line by 20 Years the GSM may move out .....but untill it will have to survive to meet the requirements.

IP based telephony has reacehad the 10% population. reamining 90% still on the old CS circuits.

Rgds
    Plannerguy

Member Reputation: 21

GSM will still live in next 10 years, but UMTS 2100 may died in next 5 year~~