Thanks Thanks:  7
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RNC setting for HSUPA

Member Reputation: 164

Default RNC setting for HSUPA

Hi all..Really appreciate for anyone who can share how to boost HSUPA throughput through RNC setting or others.In my network, it's all IP, but even HSUPA throughput < UL R999 throughput ThanksBR//PCS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 113

Default Re: RNC setting for HSUPA

How much is the throughput experienced by HSUPA users?
    How many users Do you have in this low performance HSUPA cells?
    How much is the RTWP/backgroundnoise for this cells?

For your description your problem is caused, because your cells already went over the RoT level (HSUPA Scheduling). But please confirm the data above, that the solution is quick.

Member Reputation: 476

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Hi, Let me add another point to rfsupp good comments Please bear in mind HSDPA/HSUPA or in E******* Terminology HS/EUL the RAB assignment is DL HSDPA AND in UL EUL (EUL will be always with HSDPA) and if user DOES download ONLY, in this case the user throughput in UL will be very small So if you are looking at statistics and judging about UL throughput that may misguide you. To check the UL throughput it is highly recommended to conduct drive test and see how user perception is cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by rfsupp View Post
    How much is the throughput experienced by HSUPA users? How many users Do you have in this low performance HSUPA cells? How much is the RTWP/backgroundnoise for this cells? For your description your problem is caused, because your cells already went over the RoT level (HSUPA Scheduling). But please confirm the data above, that the solution is quick.
    Last edited by babak1349; 2013-05-02 at 11:47 PM

Moderator Reputation: 473

Hi,

Beside all nice advices from other friends i gonna add that RBS counter "pmgrantReductionReasonEul " will give you idea for EUL Throughput limitation factor . I am sure you can correlate the problem through this counter.

BR

Member Reputation: 164

Hi all,

Actually, I experience by myself. Every time I Upload data for email, it's always very slow.. maximum is 75kbps upload..

Is there any HSUPA switch like when I change :

SET UFRCCHLTYPEPARALBETRAFFTHSONHSDPA=D128 (From D32)

HSDPA throughput under the related throughput increased significanly..

Currently, I just try SET UFRCCHLTYPEPARA:ULBETRAFFTHSONHSUPA=D128; (From D608).. still monitoring till now..

Related to USERGBR, can we change something? Which parameter?

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

My friend what you are doing is, to use DCH instead E-DCH changing this parameter. Im not seeing the problem alive, but Im not sure that inst the right/final solution.

You can change the GBR, at SET UUSERGBR. But be careful, because if you don't have Tx resources (even IuPS) you will face Access Failure.
    And for experience this change will not provide a result that you are expecting.

Your throughput is around 32Kbps at most of the time?

8. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Junior Member Reputation: 14

Hi, we are facing the same problem of poor HSUPA speeds on Huawei RNCs, it ranges from 60-75Kbps max.
    Our focus is on parameter settings since this speed is the maximum even off-peak with no cell or RNC load.
    Any idea what parameters must be checked, we have so far checked all the HSUPA settings that we could think of
    but with no luck? Could it be related to SRB setting?
    BR

The most commun problem is the "real" RoT of the network is above the RoT threshold defined at RNC.
    So if you adjust this threshold from 75%(6dB) to 85%(8dB), the performance improve as expected.

Member Reputation: 140

Hi,

does increasing DLBETRAFFTHSONHSDPA to higher value causes increase in cell congestion? Like increase in CE, code, power usage?

Senior Member Reputation: 592

This parameter specifies the rate threshold for decision to use HS-DSCH to carry DL PS domain background/interactive services. When the maximum DL service rate is higher than or equal to this threshold, the service will be carried on HS-DSCH. Otherwise, it will be carried on DCH.

Hedex explains it so basiclly you want to keep the users in R99 more??? Means more CE usage at least.

Regards.
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE