Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: How can I increase 64 QAM usage?

Member Reputation: 307

Default How can I increase 64 QAM usage?

How I increase 64 QAM usage in the Network?

We have good CQI,94% of cells getting CQI >25.

But 64 QAM utilization very less.

Any controlling para in E// system.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

Default Re: How can I increase 64 QAM usage?

You can increase hsMeasurmentPowerOffset parameter from 80 to 130 (maximum) but some how your re transmission can increase but practically it helps to utilize more 64QAM

Quote Originally Posted by ltecity View Post

Member Reputation: 341

Another way is to cover better users...onhly a user in excellent radio conditions could use this modulation so try also with tilt adjustment.

Member Reputation: 476

Hello,
    When CQI is better than 25 the 64 QAM will be used But it will be allocated when there is data to be transferred , If the scheduler doesn't have data or has small amount of data in buffer So allocating the high MCS would not make any sense
    So you need to check
    1) Iub limiting, if it is high, it means you have capacity problem on Iub
    2) Do you have EUL activated ?
    3) Have you checked in nodeB if 64QAM and Enhanced Layer 2 are licensed and activated ? please note 64QAM doesn't work WITHOUT Enhanced Layer 2 Feature
    4) Have you checked if for all cells in Hsdsch MO, enhancedL2Support and qam64Support are set to TRUE?

Best Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by ltecity View Post

6. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 16

Hello, in addition to the above you need to check the % of the UEs that supports 64qam (based on cat #) and to utilize the 64qam these UEs that support 64qam should be in excellent rf conditions.

Member Reputation: 293

We are facing the same problem in our network. However, all the above solutions recommended are checked and found to be correct. We are still lagging far behind on 64QAM usage, is there any other solution that can be looked into.

Thanks.

Member Reputation: 476

Quote Originally Posted by fon909 View Post
    We are facing the same problem in our network. However, all the above solutions recommended are checked and found to be correct. We are still lagging far behind on 64QAM usage, is there any other solution that can be looked into.

Thanks.
    I am wondering if you check it with drive test in the stationary state and good radio conditions?
    If you are looking at statistics it would be very dependent on user activities and user profile in HLR
    So suggestion is to do it only through drive test.... please bear in mind your UE must support 64 QAM as well
    as you mentioned in your post your CQI must be above 25

cheers

Junior Member Reputation: 10

I think that you should check the information in Core Network. It may set a limitation of data download rate. This limitation will reduce %64 QAM usage
    Quote Originally Posted by fon909 View Post

Thanks.

Moderator Reputation: 473

There is no correlation to core network about modulation scheme assignment.Most probably fon99 insisting about low 64QAM on their network because he has made benchmarking with competitors who are using onther vendors equipment (Huawei or ZTE i guess) there are some differences of 64QAM assignment for these vendors rather than others . If let me know what are the vendors and how u suspect your network 64QAM is lacking i might give you some other idea to correlate the problem.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by kemesach85 View Post
    I think that you should check the information in Core Network. It may set a limitation of data download rate. This limitation will reduce %64 QAM usage

Junior Member Reputation: 10

As far as I know, 64QAM is in pure correlation to your SINR and RSRP. If your pilot pollution is low and single strong servers are present, then 64QAM will be high assuming rest of the standard parameters have been set correctly.