Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Indoor degradation Coverage - Mobility and Static Call Establish

Member Reputation: 44

Thumbs up Indoor degradation Coverage - Mobility and Static Call Establish

Dears Experts,

In my network I have degradation for indoor scenario, but the scenarios is as follow:

Scenario 1:
    When I have established one call and come from outdoor to indoor scenario the call does not dropped.

Scenario2:
    When hang out the scenario 1, and establish one new call from indoor scenario the call does not established.

My question is --> What would be the reason, exist on the pilot channel CPICH power control(Scenario 1)?, or the power is set to one fix value (10% of MAXTXPWR), if not when a establish one call(Scenario 2) how it works the power control, only with open loop power?

Ps: I have experienced these scenarios in almost all the network, what do you think if I increased MXTXPWR from 43 to 46 dbm, the freq band is 2100 up and 1700 down Mhz, colud be the macro solution?

Thanks for your answer!!

Regards!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 402

Default Re: Indoor degradation Coverage - Mobility and Static Call Establish

Have you checked your cell radius?
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x

Quote Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
    Have you checked your cell radius?
    Dear qaqa,

I checked, it's correct.. cell radius=29000 and inner ho radius=0

Regards,

Senior Member Reputation: 361

Hi,

have you checked the ration of CPICH for your indoor BTS and outdoor? Indoor should be 6dB above the outdoor. Also, try to decrise CPICH power to use power for other channels.
    Also, better to move this thread to network planning...
    Cheers,
    Last edited by dekili; 2013-03-11 at 10:43 PM

Member Reputation: 71

There is no power control on CPICH. Changing the power of CPICH is not recommended as it will affect your capacity and interference towards other cells (increasing CPICH power should be carfeully limited to border cells or isolated cells).

The best appoach is to make measurements with a test mobile to analyze what is limiting: bad CPICH Ec/Io or/and RSCP, uplink limitation or downlink limitation.

Senior Member Reputation: 313

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
    There is no power control on CPICH. Changing the power of CPICH is not recommended as it will affect your capacity and interference towards other cells (increasing CPICH power should be carfeully limited to border cells or isolated cells).

The best appoach is to make measurements with a test mobile to analyze what is limiting: bad CPICH Ec/Io or/and RSCP, uplink limitation or downlink limitation.
    I agree with you, first check Ec/Io and RSCP. Usually, indoor and outdoor should use difference UARFCN.

Member Reputation: 341

check your CAC parameters...and try to modify them according to the radio condition in that place.
    Regards.

Dear Philippe,

Thanks for your answer..

We did some test, we increased total power from 20 to 40 watts in one small city, and results in indoor scenarios were:

(RSCP - Ec-Io) Before (RSCP - Ec-Io) After
    -103 dBm, -6.84 dB -100.74 dBm, -5.94 dB

Tha mean gain related to power increase was 3-4 dB, so the main concern here is the few traffic in this city, so when traffic increase, with going to have pilot pollution, so this solution in not right when is applied to all sites, after this we need an analysis as you mention in which areas we have bad RSCP and then proposed power increase!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe View Post

Dear Philippe,

Thanks for your answer..

We did some test, we increased total power from 20 to 40 watts in one small city, and results in indoor scenarios were:

(RSCP - Ec-Io) Before (RSCP - Ec-Io) After
    -103 dBm, -6.84 dB -100.74 dBm, -5.94 dB

Tha mean gain related to power increase was 3-4 dB, so the main concern here is the few traffic in this city, so when traffic increase, with going to have pilot pollution, so this solution in not right when is applied to all sites, after this we need an analysis as you mention in which areas we have bad RSCP and then proposed power increase!!

Quote Originally Posted by bino View Post
    I agree with you, first check Ec/Io and RSCP. Usually, indoor and outdoor should use difference UARFCN.
    Dear bino,

In my metwork I can´t use different UARFCN, because the problem related to indoor scernario, is not shopping center or some important building, the problem is in general, when customer goes to outside to indoor (House, Shopping, Store, etc..) exist RSCP degradation.

Regards,