Thanks Thanks:  7
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HSDPA/AMR Rab Fail

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default HSDPA/AMR Rab Fail

Hi all, what is the cause of high Rab Fail du to Radio Netowrk layer Failure(RNL) and TNL(Tranport Network Layer). BR

2. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 80

Default Re: HSDPA/AMR Rab Fail

RNL-Check interference/UL and DL power congestion, RTWP/. Also affecting coverage.
    TNL-Check Iub interface

Member Reputation: 113

RNL - Congestion for all resources(power,code, ce and IuB) from NodeB, failures at the Uu, CPU overload(Nodeb)
    TNL - Usually means problem at the CN or problems at the Iu-CS/Iu-PS (due to high GBR e etc)

Hardly ever (I never saw) the fail at RAB.TNL is caused by IuB, should be to notice at the RRC.TNL.

Junior Member Reputation: 12

hello,

i m always working on this problem of TNL Rab Fail. i found an other counter related to Iu Interface (RAB.FailEstabPSNoQueuing.IUEstabFail ) which is very High.
    did you know what is mean this counter.

Member Reputation: 172

Completely agreed with rfsupp. RAB TNL failure means an issue over IuPS interface /can not setup IuPS bearer for some reason/ and not only congestion but any kind i.e incorrect configuration, some maintanance issue etc. Just check there for alarms, do trace if necesserarily to track down into more details the problem or/and escalate it to Huawei.

BR
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by rfsupp View Post
    RNL - Congestion for all resources(power,code, ce and IuB) from NodeB, failures at the Uu, CPU overload(Nodeb)
    TNL - Usually means problem at the CN or problems at the Iu-CS/Iu-PS (due to high GBR e etc)

Hardly ever (I never saw) the fail at RAB.TNL is caused by IuB, should be to notice at the RRC.TNL.

8. Thanks justdream thanked for this post