Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Factors Affecting Upload Speed in EVDO RevA

Member Reputation: 53

Post Factors Affecting Upload Speed in EVDO RevA

Hello Colleagues

I have a little problem. I'm currently having very poor EVDO upload speed (30 to 40kbps) on our EV-DO REV A network.
    And I would like to know what factors/parameters can contribute to poor upload speed.
    Note that the download speed is quite good, averaging 800kbps.

All also appreciate suggestions on what can be done to improve upload speeds
    All feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 2736

Default Re: Factors Affecting Upload Speed in EVDO RevA

We had a similar problem. Vendor ALU. At the RNC were not activated rev.A license. And so the Cell to work on protocol rev.0. Need to do a test drive in and look at Actix in which the protocol operates uplink.

Member Reputation: 53

@dmitry28
    Thanks for the reply. Vendor is Huawei, From parameter checks both Rel.0 and Rev A Uplink/Downlink licenses are active and functional.
    The license shows Rel0 max upload 158kbps and Rev A max upload of 1.8Mbps. But when we actually carryout and upload we dont get more that 50kbps (that that this only happens during the busy hours of 11am to 6pm, other hours are fine)

VIP Member Reputation: 2736

In my opinion it could be because high external or internal interference in the uplink. You can check the statistics gathered by RSSI. If statistics are within the normal range (range less than 10 dB), then check the load on the A-bis interface