Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Indoor 3G planning advice

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Default Indoor 3G planning advice

Hi guys,

I have an indoor system in my network which serves a concert hall. Whenever there is an event in there the traffic goes up sharply and sometimes it brings the 3G system to instability - UL Iterference level rises very high, I have admission rejections in DL mainly due to DL Code Usage, the power in DL is more than enough.
    The indoor design can't be changed, and the only possible optimisation could done with parameters. This made me wonder if there is a "guide" on how to set up a 3G network in such conditions to get as much traffic out as possible (serve maximum number of subscribers). What I have done so far is sending the pure voice traffic to GSM, and leave the 3G only for data and multi-RAB.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 44

Default Re: Indoor 3G planning advice

Quote Originally Posted by chefo2068 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have an indoor system in my network which serves a concert hall. Whenever there is an event in there the traffic goes up sharply and sometimes it brings the 3G system to instability - UL Iterference level rises very high, I have admission rejections in DL mainly due to DL Code Usage, the power in DL is more than enough.
    The indoor design can't be changed, and the only possible optimisation could done with parameters. This made me wonder if there is a "guide" on how to set up a 3G network in such conditions to get as much traffic out as possible (serve maximum number of subscribers). What I have done so far is sending the pure voice traffic to GSM, and leave the 3G only for data and multi-RAB.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Indoor systems with high usage are tricky. You are likely to face UL Interference, DL Interference and as you point out Code Usage. For a start, you can limit the number of codes allowed per user. After that, you nmeed to think about adding carriers. Adding carriers is very efficient for spreading load.

Member Reputation: 37

Allow lower codec rate for AMR (5.6 kbps instead of 12.2kbps), you will save some codes at the expense of a lower voice quality (typically reduce by a few % the MOS).
    HSUPA is the usual suspect : any improvement on this is helpfull (PIC feature).

As stated before, the best solution is still to enable additionnal frequencies...

Member Reputation: 31

Hi

May we know, which vendor are you using? The best possible solution would be to introduce another carrier here and use load sharing effectively for traffic distribution. Temporary solution are to steer CS to GSM, reduce HScode, SF8, SF16 & SF32. Allow lower codec for AMR as suggested by elkador.

Hope this helps.