Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Microwave devices with MPLS capabilities

Moderator Reputation: 153

Default Re: Microwave devices with MPLS capabilities

Just to higlight the easiest solution you can use a hybrid MW in order to transport E1 (ATM IMA) ..but for sure you already have considered it and evaluated it as unusable for your scenario.right?both SIAE and Huawei MW has a solutions.

Huawei is includuing in some microwave IDUs module designed as edge switch/router able to accept capable to manage MPLS (they are also providere of mobile access and network devices) ..i m thinking about 9xx series.
    SIAE has implemented some compact IDU ALCPlus2E capable to accept E1,ETH,STM1,CE-E1 and E1 can be also trasnported over PWE3.
    In your case enodeB E1s will be packetized and transported by the IDU adding also MPLS inner/outer labels. Header compression feature, they claim to have, it could be usefull in order to increase the capacity transport effeciency.

A lot of Tellabls and Cisco routers handle standard MPLS labels generated by SIAE/HUAWEI/3°part MWs and support Circuit emulations...all depends on your budget.

my experiences is : i 'm using SIAE ALFOplus fulloutdoor version and i tested the header compression and 1024QAM (same feature they say included in ALCplus2e)
    soon i wiil test also tha compact split mount solution .. i will let you know if yuo are intrested

i hope this helps
    Last edited by simog72; 2012-03-29 at 10:17 PM

Member Reputation: 83

Default Re: Microwave devices with MPLS capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by simog72 View Post
    Just to higlight the easiest solution you can use a hybrid MW in order to transport E1 (ATM IMA) ..but for sure you already have considered it and evaluated it as unusable for your scenario.right?both SIAE and Huawei MW has a solutions.

Huawei is includuing in some microwave IDUs module designed as edge switch/router able to accept capable to manage MPLS (they are also providere of mobile access and network devices) ..i m thinking about 9xx series.
    SIAE has implemented some compact IDU ALCPlus2E capable to accept E1,ETH,STM1,CE-E1 and E1 can be also trasnported over PWE3.
    In your case enodeB E1s will be packetized and transported by the IDU adding also MPLS inner/outer labels. Header compression feature, they claim to have, it could be usefull in order to increase the capacity transport effeciency.

A lot of Tellabls and Cisco routers handle standard MPLS labels generated by SIAE/HUAWEI/3°part MWs and support Circuit emulations...all depends on your budget.

my experiences is : i 'm using SIAE ALFOplus fulloutdoor version and i tested the header compression and 1024QAM (same feature they say included in ALCplus2e)
    soon i wiil test also tha compact split mount solution .. i will let you know if yuo are intrested

i hope this helps

From what I know Tellabs is not suitable for my case because they do not support static to dynamic pseudowire switching. They support only static to static pseudowire switching.

Could you propose a CISCO device (or Alcatel?)?

Also, could you share information about SIAE ALFOplus? (product manual, ...)?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ankarb; 2012-03-30 at 01:36 AM